Didn't Ask, I'll Still Do It

TW: Mentions of drugs at the end! Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wind carded its fingers through his hair. Birds squawked above, singing their little songs. He could hear Titanium's hooves pound against the ground. All he could see around him was green, lush grass and farms with big harvests.

He could finally forget everything for a while. His responsibilities, people making fun of him, Florida calling him an 'armpit'. Did he know how much that affected him? Did they even know how much their words affected him?

Titanium bellowed beneath him, almost like she was hearing where his thoughts were going to go and pulling him out of them before something bad happened. New Jersey smiled and scratched in between her ears.

"Thank you." He whispered against her mane. She neighed in response. He smiled wider and nuzzled into her mane, wrapping his arms around her neck. He knew that she would take him back home if he fell asleep.

He knew Titanium would try her best to not get him hurt. He sighed, closing his eyes. He stayed there for a while, happy to just forget about the world around him. Suddenly, he felt claws on his back and a trill in his ear.

He jolted up, startled by the trill. He looked over his shoulder and saw Deli on his shoulder, its tail waving back and forth. Jersey, his Eastern American goldfinch, was perched on a branch nearby.

"What's going on? Why are you here?" New Jersey asked, pulling Titanium to a halt.

"There's things in your house that aren't yours. I believe they're Florida's." Deli responded, whacking its tail against the back of his neck. New Jersey was startled. Florida had left things in his house!? He felt like he was going to faint.

Whatever things Florida had left, it wasn't going to be the slightest bit normal. He grabbed Jersey and teleported outside of his house. No way he wasn't going to teleport. He let go of Jersey and hopped off of Titanium.

New Jersey rushed into his house, knowing Titanium would stay put until he came back. He stopped short. There, in his living room, was an alligator, a crocodile, a Burmese python, a green iguana, a Florida panther and a Chinese water dragon were all chilling in his living room. He expected it, but not so many of them! Where did Florida even get a Chinese water dragon!?

"Chinese water dragons and green iguanas aren't native to Florida like the Burmese python. The Florida panther is actually native to Florida. It's Florida's state animal. However, the Florida panther is going extinct." Deli explained, bouncing from exotic animal to exotic animal.

"Are they actually panthers?" New Jersey inquired.

"No, they're a North American cougar." Deli responded. That wasn't any better.

"How did they get into my house?" New Jersey questioned.

"There's a note on the dining table." Deli answers before jumping outside. New Jersey sighed and pressed his back against the wall, slowly inching his way to the dining room while keeping his eyes on the exotic animals.

He rushed into the dining room and grabbed the note, taking protection by sitting on top of his dining table. He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. He held the piece of paper to his face and read it.

Hey, Armpit! It's me, Florida! If you're wondering why there are animals in your living room, well, I left them there! They're my pets! Tallahassee's the Burmese python, Chompers is the alligator, Croc's the crocodile, Loui's the Florida panther!

Ocean's the Chinese water dragon and Green Tea's the iguana! D.C didn't want them at the meeting and told me to get someone to take care of them. I instantly thought of you and thought that you might wanna take care of them! So, have fun! Their food's in the fridge!

XO
Sincrelely,
Florida!

New Jersey groaned, resting his head in his hands before looking at the note again. He didn't believe what he saw. However, he saw it. Florida had written XO before crossing it out.

It was pretty hard to see because Florida had scratched it out until it was nearly unreadable. However, he was no ordinary person. It was why the Canadian provinces and the Mexican states came running to him when they couldn't read something.

Well, the American states didn't know his little secret. If he did tell them, they would be mad for being told so late and D.C would probably use him a lot. He just knew it. Now, he was wondering where did Florida learn how to write? He looked at the bottom of the paper and saw a side note.

P.S: It's me, California. I just wanna say I wrote this letter except for the 'Sincerely' part and I'm sorry you have to go through this. Good luck

Well, no wonder the 'Sincerely' part looked different from the rest of the letter. He was grateful for Cali wishing him good luck because he knew he was gonna need it. He was also grateful Florida had left their food in the fridge.

He groaned and rested his head in his hands again, praying that he won't get bit today. Maybe there was some heroin left from the 90s in one of his drawers in his bedroom. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and pressed on Kentucky's contact.

"'Ello?"

"Hey, I need some help. Be outside of my house with Vada in five."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Ello, y'all! It's me! I've posted again in the same day! I love to write, can't you tell? I feel like I'm the 'I'm back in the fucking building' meme. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this first chapter because there's going to be more soon! I also wanna thank ya for supporting me on my Hetalia and WTTT fanfics. I'm so giddy when I reply to y'all's comments! I'll try to respond to every comment I get. Anyway, See ya in the next chapter!

Words: 968

-Rose