11

Cristián Board was at Eva's mother's house, waiting to find his novice there, talk to her and her family and take his wife to the place where she should never have left, his house.

In the living room of Eva's mother's house, Cristian Board waited impatiently. The mother, with a stern expression, approached him.

Mother: What are you doing here, Mr. Board?

Cristian: (smiles) I came to talk about Eva. I need to take it home.

Mother: (frowning) Eva chose this path of her own free will. I will not allow you to take her away from her duty.

Cristian: (serious) Mother, understand, Eva is my choice and I cannot allow her to continue with this monastic life.

Mother: (with determination) She found her purpose here. I won't let her abandon her calling.

Cristian: (frustrated) Mother, understand that I love you. I can't let his life go to waste in this place.

Mother: (firm) Love does not always follow our earthly desires. Eve chose a sacred path.

At that moment, the door opened and Eva entered, dressed in the habit.

Eva: What's going on here?

Cristian: (looking at her) Eva, we need to talk.

Mother: (intervenes) My daughter, this man wants to take you away from your duty.

Eva: (looking at Cristian) Is it true?

Cristian: Eva, I love you, but I can't bear to lose you on this path.

Eva: (serene) My duty is here. I cannot abandon my commitment to God.

Cristian, feeling defeated, looks at the mother.

Cristian: (whispers) Is there anything I can do to change your opinion?

Mother: (firm) Only time will tell, Mr. Board. Now, I ask you to leave and allow Eva to continue her service.
Cristian, with a heavy heart, leaves, while Eva returns to her duty with the firmness of her conviction.

Cristian shook his head at his thoughts and looked at the road while observing the address written in his agenda.

He was very close to seeing Eva again, he would never let her leave his side.

In the quiet cell of the convent, Eva was in the company of her friends, Wendoli and Wanyeli, who looked at her with complicity.

Eva: Why did they make me pass as a nun and end up here?

Wendoli: (laughing) We wanted company, and this place is perfect for reflection.

Wanyeli: Plus, it's fun to see the nuns' faces when they think you're one of them.

Eva: (frowning) But this is not correct. Deceive the people and the mother superior.

Wendoli: (smiling) Don't worry, Eva. No one gets hurt, and we enjoy your company.

Eva: But I have a life outside these walls, for example a love, she caressed her belly and her friends looked at her.

Wanyeli: (mockingly) Love, huh? Who is the lucky one?

-My son says Eva with a slight smile.

As Eva explored the cell, her eyes fell on a letter peeking out from under Wendoli's pillow. Curiosity led her to open it, and her eyes were filled with surprise when she discovered the confessions of a man in love.

Eva: (reading quietly) "Dear Wendoli, from the moment our paths crossed, my heart beats only for you..."

Eva's expression changed, going from surprise to understanding. He understood that Wendoli had distanced himself from this man out of loyalty to their friendship.

Eva: (sighs) So, that's the reason for his sudden distance.

At that moment, Wendoli enters the cell and surprises Eva with the letter in her hand.

Wendoli: (nervous) Eva, you shouldn't...

Eva: (serene) Don't worry, Wendoli. Now I understand why you distanced yourself from him because of habits. But is it really what makes you happy?

Wendoli: (smiles) It's complicated, Eva. I don't know if I did the right thing.

Eva: (hugging Wendoli) I hope you never regret taking away your happiness.

Wendoli remains silent and something inside his heart broke.

In Eva's mother's modest house, Cristian faced a completely unexpected scenario. The woman, with a hostile look, received him with disdain.

Eva's mom: (frowning) Are you one of Eva's men?

Cristian: (nodding confused at her comment "one of Eva's men) I am Cristian, brother of Nircia, one of the nuns of the convent. I am looking for her.

Eva's mother: (with a contemptuous tone) That slut left with someone else. Anybody, shameless.

Cristian: (confused) What are you saying? Where is Eva?

Eva's mom: (laughing)! She left with a guy from town. And now she's pregnant, as if that weren't enough of a disgrace.

Cristian, stunned by the accusations, tried to understand the situation.

Cristian: (serious) I need to talk to Eva. Where is?

Eva's mom: (mockingly) I don't know and frankly I don't care. He was right to go away.

Cristian, distraught and determined, left the house, searching for answers amidst the accusations and pain. Meanwhile, Eva's mother spread lies, sowing discord and hiding the truth behind a veil of contempt. Cristian's search became more complicated, as malicious words echoed in his mind, challenging him to discover the reality behind the facade of disdain.