1.1 whatever happened to the girl next door?

"I have something crazy to say," Chris interrupted Addie, making her shut her mouth so she could hear him out. "I really want to kiss you, Adeline."

Addie was dead silent. All she could focus on was her heart beat in her ears, staring up at Chris in complete and utter shock. Addie opened and closed her mouth multiple times, not fully sure what she even wanted to say.

"I'm sorry, that was so random." Chris shook his head, climbing off the girl. He watched Addie sit up as he ran a hand through his hair, contemplating on if he should leave now. He began to walk away, but was stopped by Addie grabbing his hand. She shyly interlaced their fingers, making Chris raise his eyebrows in shock.

"Chris, I don't know what to say." Addie finally spoke, tightening her grip on his hand as he tried to pull away, embarrassed.

"It's simple actually," He scoffed, turning to face the girl again, and letting his free hand rest on her jaw. "Do you want me to kiss you or not?" Addie's face flushed at Chris' bluntness, before simply nodding.

Chris shook his head, "I need words, Ads." He whispered, drawing closer to Addie.

"Kiss me," Addie whispered, searching Chris' eyes for reassurance. "Please."

Chris let a half smirk form on his face, loving how desperate Addie seemed for him to place his lips on hers. He leaned down, Addie meeting him half way. He brought one hand up to Addie's cheek, rubbing it with his thumb, he brought his face closer to Addie's. Admiring how blown out her eyes looked, because of him.

He finally pushed his lips onto hers, swallowing Adeline's gasp. Addie's hands immediately reach up to wrap around his broad shoulders, making Chris sit down next to her. He pulled back slightly, chuckling as Addie leaned into him, seeking his lips on hers.

Addie couldn't help but feel like she was floating on cloud nine right now. She had pictured this moment for years and it was finally happening. She realized nothing could ever compare to the real thing.

"I've been wanting to do that for a long time." Chris confessed. He figured he might as well come clean about his crush, since clearly something is happening now. Addie looked shocked, scooting away from him as if he had cooties.

Chris was absolutely ecstatic, he couldn't believe he finally made a move on Addie. He was beating himself up for the way he had been treating her lately, but he knew now he could figure out ways to make it up to her.

"Really?" Addie asked, hopefully. Did he used to have a crush on her back then, or just recently? Her heart was pounding, anxiety creeping into her chest as she thought about telling Chris about her feelings. She felt so comfortable in this moment, like she could tell Chris the sky was green and he would hear her out.

"I had the biggest crush on you growing up." Chris replied, bringing his hand to Addie's thigh, rubbing small circles that were driving her absolutely up the wall.

"Chris, I was basically in love with you growing up." Addie admitted, watching Chris' face fill with confusion and excitement.

"No way," He laughed, bringing Addie into a hug. "I just told Matt a few days ago that I was pretty sure I was in love with you back then." Addie sighed happily into the hug, before dread filled her stomach.

"So now that's out of the way, where does this leave us?" She asked timidly. Chris just shrugged, Addie could tell he was thinking so she left him in his thoughts.

"I've been hurt many times, in my past relationships, and by you." Chris started, making Addie's heart drop and embarrassment flushed her cheeks. "But I want this, us, god I sound so fucking corny right now." Chris shook his head, hating having to say this out loud.

"We should take it slow." Addie suggested, making Chris look at her in appreciation. "I've been hurt too, so it's probably best we go slow so we can make sure we're on the same page or something." She continued, making Chris grin.

"It's like you're in my brain, Ads." He joked, making Addie laugh.

Addie ran a hand through her hair, "Thank god I'm not, that would be horrifying." She grinned up at the boy, making him roll his eyes and pull her into a kiss.

The pair separated for a split second, unsure of how far they wanted to take it considering they just agreed to take it slow.

"Are we telling your brothers?" Addie questioned, praying that Chris didn't want to hide it from Nick and Matt. It would be so obvious if they even tried too.

Chris grumbled, "I think we should, I don't think either of us can keep a secret from Nick and Matt anyways." He explained, making the girl nod in agreement.

"Thank god." Addie sighed, grabbing Chris' jaw and connecting their lips for the third time. It just felt so natural, like they had done this a thousand times. Chris leaned into the kiss, signaling Addie to scoot back so he could lay on top of her, but they had to instantly hit the breaks all of 5 seconds later.

"What the fuck?!" A surprised voice yelled from Addie's doorway. They broke apart and found Nick standing outside of Addie's door, jaw dropped open in shock.

"What's going on?" Matt asked as he suddenly appeared behind Nick. Chris and Addie shared a sheepish look, refusing to admit to anything.

"They were just fucking making out!" Nick accused, pointing in the direction of Chris and Addie. Matt quickly looked from Nick to Addie then finally at Chris.

"It's about damn time." Matt scoffed, "We were just coming up to say bye." He spoke, itching the side of his face awkwardly. He was just glad he wasn't the one to witness his brother and childhood best friend sucking faces.

"No kids, please. I'm way too young to be an uncle." Nick pointed an accusing finger in Addie and Chris' direction. The duo instantly began to laugh, only Nick would be worried about something like that.

"Bro chill the fuck out." Chris rolled his eyes as he leaned back to rest on the headboard with Addie. She found his hand resting on the bed between them and immediately tangled their fingers together.

"So is this like..." Matt trailed off, unsure how to question the situation without coming off like a dick.

"We're taking things slow, see where we end up." Addie explained, making Chris nod in confirmation.

"Good, neither of you better fuck this up. Only been waiting for like, 6 years for this." Nick laughed, making Addie roll her eyes at the comment.

If only he knew how long she had been waiting for this to happen.

authors note .ᐟ
guys i wrote like 90% of this at work today while doing my online training likeeee im actually so obsessed with writing its so fun!