Chapter five

Farewell day is finally here, and I find myself standing in front of the mirror in this red dress, lost in thoughts about Noah. The dress feels like a bold choice, maybe my way of making a statement on this significant day.

As I stare at my reflection, memories with Noah play like a montage in my mind. The laughter, the disagreements, the shared moments—it's all there, creating this emotional whirlwind. The red dress, vibrant yet poignant, seems to capture the intensity of the feelings swirling within me.

I wonder if Noah will notice, if he'll read between the lines of this farewell attire. It's like a silent expression of the connection we shared, a nod to the emotions that words might fail to convey.

Have you ever had those moments where what you wear becomes a silent conversation with someone important to you? Today, it's not just a dress; it's a reflection of the journey we've had, and the uncertain road ahead as college comes to an end.

Stepping into the farewell hall feels like crossing a threshold into a world where endings and beginnings collide. The atmosphere is charged with a mix of excitement, nostalgia, and a hint of melancholy. The hall, adorned with decorations and echoes of laughter, becomes a backdrop to the final chapter of our college journey.

In my red dress, I navigate through the crowd, catching glimpses of familiar faces, laughter, and the subtle hum of conversations. The air is filled with the anticipation of farewells and the promise of new horizons.

As I move further into the hall, I can't help but wonder if Noah is already there, navigating the same sea of emotions. Will our paths cross, or will the farewell unfold as a series of unspoken goodbyes?

Have you ever experienced that moment when you step into a significant event, and it's like time slows down as you take in the sights and sounds? That's exactly how it feels as I enter the farewell hall, ready to embrace the emotions of this poignant day.

In the midst of the farewell hall, my eyes lock onto Noah, and it's like seeing him for the first time all over again. He's got this timeless charm, dressed in a sleek black tuxedo that accentuates the richness of his dark curly brown hair. His deep, dark brown eyes hold a certain intensity, and that precious smile of his lights up the room.

As he moves towards me, the crowd seems to part, making way for this magnetic presence. It's like everything else fades away, and for a moment, it's just Noah and me in the midst of the farewell buzz.

Ever had that feeling when you see someone you know so well, yet there's this newfound appreciation for the details? It's like seeing Noah in a different light, and his approach sparks a mixture of emotions—nostalgia, excitement, and maybe a hint of the unknown.

In that moment, the farewell hall becomes a canvas painted with the anticipation of what lies ahead, and Noah is the brushstroke that adds an unexpected twist to the farewell day.

As Noah and I start talking amidst the farewell buzz, there's this easy familiarity in our conversation. It's like the unspoken tension from before has lifted, and we're back to the comfort of shared laughter and banter.

We find ourselves appreciating each other's choice of attire. Noah's black tuxedo, sophisticated and sharp, complements the atmosphere of the farewell. I can't help but express how the dark hues accentuate the depth of his eyes and the charm of that smile.

In turn, Noah compliments my red dress, noting how it adds a vibrant touch to the occasion. It's a simple exchange, but there's something special about acknowledging the effort we've put into dressing up for this significant day.

Have you ever had those moments when the simplest conversations become a bridge to reconnecting with someone? That's exactly how it feels as Noah and I share these lighthearted appreciations, turning the farewell hall into a space where the past and the present converge.

So, things took an unexpected turn. There's this guy who's been a friend for a while—I didn't see it coming, but he straight-up proposed to me. Now, that's a whole new level of surprise, especially on farewell day.

Guess who wasn't too thrilled about it? Yep, Noah. Jealousy alert! I could see it in his eyes when the proposal happened. It's like the idea of someone else entering the picture hit him hard.

The farewell, which was supposed to be this bittersweet celebration of the end of college, suddenly got a dose of drama. I tried to navigate the situation delicately, sensing Noah's discomfort. It's tricky, you know? You don't want to make things awkward, but emotions have a way of taking center stage.

Have you ever experienced unexpected twists during important events like farewells? It's like life decides to throw in a curveball just when you least expect it.

Whoa, things just got even more intense. So, after the whole proposal scene, Noah takes things up a notch and grabs me out of the farewell. It's like he couldn't handle seeing someone else make a move, and his emotions got the better of him.

Outside, away from the farewell buzz, I could feel the tension. Noah's probably got a lot on his mind, and I'm left trying to figure out how to navigate this unexpected twist. It's like the farewell turned into this emotionally charged moment between us.

Ever had a situation where someone's emotions took over, and the whole vibe of an event shifted? It's like you're caught in this whirlwind, trying to make sense of everything. That's exactly how it felt when Noah pulled me aside.