Chapter 5 - Getting to Know You

"Deal" Florian agreed.

"So why am I here Florian?" I question.

Florian walks over to the bed and looks at me before loosening his tie. "I will tell you everything that you want to know. I will tell you now that I had Ryder do some digging on you, but you are a very private person, Ella."

"You know Florian I feel as if you are beating around the bush, I would like to start off on decent footing which means I do not lie or beat around the bush with you." I say bluntly.

"You are an honest one and I like that. So, I shall give you what you want, the story of how you ended up here. Terri owes me $85k, and I told her that she owed me money by midnight. She told me yesterday that she could not come up with the money she owes me but knows that I have been looking for a wife. So, she had proposed I wipe her slate clean in exchange for your hand in marriage as your father who is loaded wouldn't be able to just cough that kind of money up while they are just dating. All Terri told me she needed was a bit of time to convince your father to let you be married off to Terri's 'friend'." Florian said.

I laugh a bit at Florian's explanation, as I know that my father isn't wealthy, and Terri is soon to find that out. "You had that man do research on me correct?" I ask.

"Yes, but he was not able to find much on you." Florian said.

"That is correct, my grandmother had it set up that way as she wanted me to grow up without having all the family come for me. That wealth that has been bestowed upon me and not my father. You see Terri does not know that her husband has been living off of an allowance I have given him, that house he lives in actually belongs to me. I just wanted to live my life normally, but due to circumstances it seems that I need to take back what is mine and stop letting people take advantage of me." I state now aware of the situation that I am now in. 

"You are telling me that you are an heiress, who just wanted a normal life. So by chance you decided to let your father utilize what is yours making it seem like he's bank rolling. Hmph, this is more interesting than I thought it would be. I think I am interested in assisting you. That is if you are willing to do the same for me as it seems that you and are a both in situations that are unfavorable at the moment." Florian said looking me over. 

"I can be open-minded to that as long as you're willing to state what it is your willing to help me with and what you need from me. I am a woman of my word, and I like to know what I am agreeing to." I say confidently.

"What I need is a wife, a woman who is able to fit in with the schedule I have and will be able to put up a good show as my mother is quite hard to please. In simple terms I need a wife who looks great on paper and in person, which I feel you are best suited for. However, to make things realistic it will be a legit marriage. Now, your case I can used at your beck and call to get your revenge, I have no problem with that, anything you need assistance with please ask. My one condition is that there will be no extra marital affairs." Florian says solemnly.

I nod absorbing all that is being said as I agree with what was said as I feel that he has reasonable terms. He seems like a levelheaded man which can be an extremely dangerous thing. 

"I can agree to those terms. However, will you be willing to sign a prenuptial agreement? I would rather protect our separate assets respectively as I do not know you. For all I know I could be making a deal with the Devil." I say.

*

"I can agree to those terms. However, will you be willing to sign a prenuptial agreement? I would rather protect our separate assets respectively as I do not know you. For all I know I could be making a deal with the Devil." Ella said looking me in my eyes with such fierceness. If only she knew she wouldn't be as trusting as she is now. 

"I would be willing to look over the agreement, but I will still need my lawyer to look through it to ensure there are terms that are equal for the both of us. This cannot be a one-sided agreement." I say getting up from the bed and walking over to the walk-in closet. 

"That is fair since I had my lawyer draft it. If I ever find my phone again, I can have him send it to you and whomever else you want it to go to." 

There is a momentary silence as I strip out of my suit and put on a robe to shower. I start walking back out of the closet when I hear Ella speak up again. 

"Thank you for the clothing, I'll pay you back for it." 

"You do not have to worry about that as the soon-to-be Mrs. Knight. Plus, we need to update your wardrobe to accommodate the role you are soon to fill. " I say standing in front of Ellasandra. "I figured there are a few stops we need to make in order for our plans to begin as this here" I say gesture to the room we are in "will be the base of our operations as this estate will be your new residence. We can talk more over dinner after we do a bit of shopping." I say as I start walking to the bathroom to shower. 

*

After Florian walks to the bathroom, I wonder if I am making the right decision by agreeing to go into an arranged marriage with a complete stranger who is willing to help me get revenge against Terri. What is his motive and why is he so eager to assist me in this? Does he know something else about Terri that I don't know, probably if it was so easy for him to agree to marry me.

Lost in my thoughts I hadn't realized when Florian had finished showering and getting dressed until his outstretched hand sat eye level with me. I look up and take a look at the handsome olive complexion of the man before dressed in a black ribbed knit polo, black chinos matched with coffee colored leather Chelesea boots. I take his hand and get up from the vanity as we head downstairs.

"Mr. Knight, should I prepare the usual for dinner this evening while you and Madam shop?" Matilda asked as she awaited us at the front door. 

"Yes, that would be great, and we should be back around 10:30." Florian said as he escorts me outside to the awaiting car.