Prologue

"Oh, my little love I could kiss you all day!"

Mom yells as she chases me around the backyard while we play tag. I run around some more hiding on the side of the house kind of out of sight to catch my breath turn my back. 'BOO!" Jumping in fright as I feel moms' arms wrap around me; giggling in her arms I look up into my mother's jade green eyes as I see her warm smile before it quickly drops as her face quickly pales. I feel myself slipping from her arms as mom starts to fall.

Screaming, my father comes out running to catch my mother as I fall on my butt on the ground, Not remembering too much of what happened I just vaguely remembering my eyes closing as daddy held on to mom calling out for help. Opening my eyes, I awake in a chair next to a hospital bed; looking up at the bed my mother lays there with oxygen hooked up to her breathing for her. Panicked, I looked around for my dad who just walked in with the saddest look upon his face. I get this bad feeling in my stomach as I look at my father.

"Ella, I know this is going to be hard to hear sweetheart, but mom is sick. She never wanted you to see her like this, but mom has cancer. Unfortunately, the doctors said that mom is not going to make it this time. I am sorry but we have to say our goodbyes this time." Speechlessly I look at my mom as tears start to fill my eyes as I realize that at 13 this would be it I wouldn't get to see my mothers' beautiful smile anymore or feel her big warm comforting hugs anymore.

Getting up from my chair I sat in, I walked over to my mother's side. Taking her hand in mine I rest my head on her shoulder. Taking a deep breath, I think about what I want to say as my final words for my mom. "Mommy, I know you may not hear me, but I want you to know that I love you and thank you for all the great times we've shared mommy." I kiss her forehead before letting go of her hand and walking away.