7

"Did you and Taehyung fight?"

"No." Jungkook speaks, tiredly staring at Hoseok and Yoongi entertaining the little baby from afar who'd only make weird noises over their attempts.

"Are you sure?" Jimin raises an eye brow. The two were sitting in the kitchen while Namjoon prepares the milk to carry to the hospital.

Over hearing Jimin's suspicious tone, Jungkook reclines back with a sigh. "We did fight last week, but we made up later."

"Then why isn't he coming along to get the reports?"

"He said he had some errands to run." Jungkook sighs for the nth time. "He'll join us there afterwards. Don't worry, we're. . . We're doing okay."

"Jungkook," But jimin still doesn't appears assured, placing a firm hand over Jungkook's. "You sure this whole baby thing isn't affecting your relationship with Taehyung, right? We can help you know, we're here for you."

"I," Jungkook inhales sharply, shaking his head before placing a hand on his forehead. "I told him to step out if he felt burdened by it, but he's been handling it all so much more better than me. All I've done is overthink about future and, be lost."

"And what's that gonna do?"

"Huh?" Jungkook speaks, looking up when Yoongi returns to join them on the dining table.

"Listen, what's done, is done. And what's about to happen will happen eventually. Thats life. And even if you're gonna stop it all for once such happenings, life won't wait for you, you know?"

"Hyung," Jungkook chuckles hearing Yoongi. "What do you mean—"

"Just accept him." Yoongi speaks, and suddenly silence settles inside the apartment. "Whether you like it or not, he's yours. And believe me Jungkook, whatever step you take now isn't only going to affect you, or Taehyung, or any of us as much as it's gonna affect that kid."

Throughout the ride to the hospital, Yoongi's words never leave Jungkook's mind. He keeps recalling them, blankly staring at the kid, no. At his son, who creates bubbles out of his toothless mouth while being in Jimin's hold.

"Here so early eh?" Jin greets them as soon as they step in, already guiding them to a seperate room.

"Are the reports here, hyung?" Hoseok asks, giving a pitiful look to a severely injured patient on a wheelchair that they pass by while heading to the room.

"Yup, I got them this morning." Jin speaks, finally opening a door that led to some sort of office. "This is my boss's office, she's allowed me to rent it for a day so dont mess around. I'll go bring the reports."

Unfortunately, the foreign surrounding does seem to scare the poor soul who starts crying again. His loud cries blare around the room, and four of the present five rush to ease him.

When minutes pass by, the baby doesn't stop his cries. When the four begin to grow tired of trying to ease him, another pair of arms reach from between them to pick up the baby.

"Shh. It's okay. It's all good." Jungkook speaks in whispers, tired eyes staring at the baby in his arms as he gently rubs his back, very softly swinging him to calm the baby who's cries softly die down to hiccups.

"Hyung." Mindlessly, he calls out to who ever was willing to listen as he laid his baby down on a small bed on the side. "Can you feed him?"

"Of course!""All right!""Where's the bottle?""On the way!"

"Of course!"
"All right!"
"Where's the bottle?"
"On the way!"

"Jungkook." That's when Jin's voice resounds, who peeks his head through the door. "Could you, step out for a moment?"

Nodding, Jungkook follows the intern outside, closing the door once he's out.

"Here are the reports."

Quietly, Jungkook takes the file. The reason that will now potentially flip his life lied inside the blue file. Oh, how impatient he had been for this since the past three weeks. His heart beat hadn't been more prominent than right now.

"Come on." Jin encourages softly. "Open it. Whatever it is now, let's face it—"

"I don't want to."

"Huh?"

"I, I can't, hyung." With a sigh, Jungkook gives the file back. "Who cares if he's biologically mine or not. At the end of the day, he's here because of me. Now I don't know if that's true or not but, who cares? So," He takes a sharp breath. "I'll be his dad, hyung. I'll raise him."