4

Finally, the baby had come to a rest when Jin started cradling it, singing him a hymn which Jungkook recalls his mother does whenever she'd work in the kitchen.

"I," Suddenly, he stands up. "I'll have to tell mom and dad."

"Woah there buddy." Namjoon stops him. "Are you sure they'll take it in a positive way? I don't want the baby to be harmed or yelled at, at such a young age."

Jungkook doesn't respond to that, knowing his own family was a little, if not a lot, conservative themselves. That also being the reason he and Taehyung were still a hidden thing.

"Will it be okay, though?"

"It will be." Once again, the only law student of the group speaks up. "You're an adult. You won't require adult supervision in legal matters. Only personal, and you don't need to justify it to anyone." Hoseok adds.

"So," Jin brings the now asleep baby back to their attention. "Where is he going to stay?"

The room remained silent.

"Okay, everybody listen up." Finally, Taehyung stands up. "This baby is none of your responsibility. It's Jungkook's. Whether or not this situation is unusual or unprepared for him, we can't do anything about it. Only Jungkook can, and he needs to. So you don't have to see this situation to be everyone of yours' issue."

"B-but babe, I can't-"

"Well there is no option, Jungkook." This time, the intern doctor takes the initiative as he lays the baby down in the pram. "This is a living being, and you have fully contributed to his existence whether intentionally or not."

"But you guys need to understand!" With a hushed tone, Jungkook yells in frustration. "I'm only 22? Do you get it? I haven't even faced the real world yet!? I don't see him as a problem, no. But you need to get it, him living in my care may end worse because I do not know how to 'dad' at all!"

"You can learn." With a matter of fact tone, Jin leans against the hospital bed where Yoongi laid.

"Jungkook, it's been two weeks of me being in this hospital and believe me, I've seen more fathers leaving their responsibilities than births happening. I could not interfere in their decisions, but I can with yours. And I'd very much love to. So please, raise the child—"

The moment was suddenly interrupted with a knock on the door. Over being informed that the ward was required for a real patient, the group heads to the exit.

"I'm still an intern so i cannot do a dna test." Jin speaks to Jungkook as they head towards the exit. "But I've spoken to a doctor. Feed the baby well and bring him next week again. He'll take the sample."

"Thank you, hyung." Jungkook nods. "Really."

"Well, I really hope you consider what Jin said." While bidding their goodbyes, Jimin carefully hands the baby to his father. "I'll leave my car for you. Yoongi will drop me. Luckily, we've still got time before college. Try getting along with the baby by then, yeah?"

The car ride home was silent thereafter. While Taehyung took the initiative of being the driver, Jungkook could only stare at the sleeping baby with a look of despair he always saw on the faces of those depressed white women when they'd catch their husband cheating—

"Thanks. . ." Jungkook muttered, bringing the baby inside when Taehyung opened the door for him.

"Are you okay? Do you want water?"

"Tae?" Jungkook stops Taehyung in his tracks with his low tone as he faces his boyfriend who gasps when he notices his red watery eyes.

"Do you want to break up with me?"