5

"Break up?" Taehyung asked, cringing at the taste of the words on his tongue. "Break up? Over what? Some immature woman who thought she could handle the situation but chickened out at the last moment and gave you her responsibility?"

"It's not that, Taehyung." Jungkook sniffles, trying to find a place to place the baby before ending with just keeping a clean cloth on the soft bean bag and letting the baby lay there. "He's going to be with me from now on. Are you okay, with that?"

"Jungkook." Before speaking anything, taehyung just pats the place beside him on the couch, signalling his boyfriend to take a seat which he willingly does.

"When I said yes to being your boyfriend eight months ago, I said yes to being a part of your memories till fate let's us." Casually, he places his head on Jungkook's shoulder. "Not all those memories can be sweet and that's okay. When I told the others not to take the baby as their responsibility, I excluded us for a reason."

"But we're still in college, Taehyung." Jungkook sniffled, blinking his eyes to clear his vision when tears blurred it. "We've got dreams to achieve. Young days to live. Just because I cannot anymore, you don't have to let it stop you too—"

"What if the baby had ended up being mine?" Taehyung turns his face, letting his chin remain intact on Jungkook's shoulder as he stares at him. "Would you have left me?"

"I—"

"Honest response, baby. Be honest."

"I. . . I wouldn't have. . ."

"Do you get it now?" Taehyung laughs lightly, intertwining his hand with Jungkook's as he sits up straight. "Everyone lives their young days differently. Some party, some get into drugs, some put everything in their career preparation, and some stay to look after their parents. We just happened to be ones with a baby."

"Yeah. . ." Jungkook trails off, glimpsing at the carefree baby who slept like he hadn't received sleep in his previous life. "With a baby."

"He really looks like your son though." Taehyung laughs, when the baby doesn't even appear affected by his sudden loud tone. "What a heavy sleeper. Oh, and what have you thought about shopping?!"

"We went just last week, Taehyung."

"We didn't have a baby then!! Let's get his stuff this weekend."

"Ah, right," Jungkook sighs, leaning back. "I'll need to apply for part times by this week."

"And I'll lie that the new books are expensive." Taehyung giggles evily, also subtly hinting how he's willing to stay home and take care of the baby.

The two just sat there for a while afterwards. No conversations occur and Taehyung just plays with jungkook's fingers casually, feeling the other male still in deep thoughts.

"Hey, jungkook?"

"Hm?"

"How did it feel when you held him?" Jungkook paused, looking at the baby as he tried to bring the feeling back.

"He felt tiny."

"Really? No way!" Taehyung sarcasms.

"No but really. I felt so scared to hold him. Felt like one wrong step and he'd get hurt." Jungkook feels his own breath hitch at the thought.

"And? Anything else?"

"Well," Jungkook tightens his loose hold on Taehyung's hand. "I felt super angry when I remembered how she just left him at the door. What if we were not home? What if it was the wrong address?"

"So you're already protective over him." Taehyung smiles. "Amazing."

"Tae," The just mentioned hums in response. "Promise me you won't see this as your responsibility and will willingly walk out if you ever felt a burden from this."

"Jungkook. We've talk—"

"Promise me."

"Fine." Taehyung nods in defeat. "I promise."