Chapter 7

Lexie was finally getting discharged, and even though she wouldn't be able to go back to work just yet, at least she was out of that stupid hospital bed. It was torture lying there all day doing nothing while she watched her friends and family doing what she wanted to so badly. She needed work, she couldn't take the stupid comedy tv shows and rom-coms all day any longer. There was one channel on the small tv in the hospital room and it was starting to repeat its program. That was definitely a sign that she had been there for way too long.

She was going to move back in with Mark, which she really looked forward to. Not that she had a choice anyway. He wanted to keep her as close to him as possible. They haven't discussed it much. He had just thrown it in the room one night, and she hadn't argued about it, giving him a silent agreement.

When they first moved in together all these years back, she had been hard to convince. They had a whole fight about it and he wouldn't stop bugging asking her until she finally took the risk and showed up on his doorstep with a black lace panty and a toothbrush in her hands. They had christened the apartment that night a couple times, having tested out every single place.

She still had her doubts back then, but now, she couldn't have been more sure of the decision. If the plane crash had taught her one thing, it was that time was precious and that she shouldn't wait things out just because they don't fit into her ten-year-plan. If something's perfect and feels right, why not take the chance?

She was genuinely excited to live with Mark again, spending their nights in one bed and every free minute together. Even though that's exactly what they had done the last couple of weeks, it was just one more reason why she needed this. She couldn't bear to not have him there when she woke up in the morning or feel his strong and safe arms wrapped around her waist at night.

However, the part she didn't enjoy as much, was the fact that she still had to sit in a wheelchair because her legs were not healed. She was nowhere near walking on her own again. And it was making her frustrated. "I hate this. I just wanna walk myself." she complained as Mark wheeled her through the door of his -or now again their- apartment.

"You will, you're gonna start physical therapy on Monday." he told her, a silent sigh escaping his mouth. He noticed how much she was struggling with not standing on her own. He had no problem, caring for her, hell, he loved spoiling her, but he also knew that Lexie had a hard time giving up her independence.

The brunette looked around, studying every inch of the place, and noticed that it hadn't changed much in the apartment. There were just a few baby things lying around because of Sofia. But other than that, there was still the same couch standing in the living room that she had picked out when he first got the apartment, the same wine glasses standing in the glass cupboard in the kitchen they had spend countless nights drinking their favorite red wine from, just talking and enjoying each other's company. Those nights very often ended in them taking things to the bedroom, where -she glanced into the open door at the end of the hallway- there was still their king size bed. The whole place held so many memories, every room, every small space, triggering a flashback in her mind. She grinned to herself foolishly. The fact that he hadn't replaced any of the stuff that had probably reminded him of them as well, caused a flutter in her stomach. He was serious when he told her that he had always been in love with her and never stopped.

Her eyes wandered to the window, and she saw that it was already starting to get dark outside. The day had been quite dark anyway due to the rain and cloudy sky, typical Seattle weather.

"Hey, do you want to watch a movie?" she asked. The idea of being cuddled up under a blanket with Mark, munching on some popcorn, seemed perfect to her right now. A little simplicity and normalcy was exactly what she needed, now that she was finally home.