Chapter - 1

Author's note: This book is a spin-off on Jungkook's character from my other book 'You are my Moon'. It's not connected to that story so even if you've not read that it's fine.

****************************************************************

Jungkook was getting ready for his basketball match in the changing room. It was going to be a very important match for them to reach the quarter finals. If he can just perform his best in front of the selectors...

Beep

His thoughts were interrupted by the notification ring. He picked up his phone and read the message.

'Jungkookie jeballl.. Just one last time let me kiss your handsome face. I won't bother you after that I swear. Pleaseeee'

He rolled his eyes. Another one of his materialistic and naive ex girlfriends. The only thing they wanted was his handsomeness and popularity. They kept following him around like puppies, like they didn't have their own thoughts or life. And it always irritated him. Yes he got involved in casual dating from time to time, hoping to maybe find the right person. Through this process, he wanted to meet a genuinely interesting person with whom he can actually look forward to spending time with. Not the same old 'Oppa you're so handsome' and 'I'll do what you do's'.

His phone rang and without reading the name he picked it up and shouted.

"Listen Ahn Misook, I'm telling you for the last time. Stop it okay? Otherwise I'll really block your number."

"Woah woah woah. Easy Kookie. It's just your sweet little twin sister. What's going on? Why are you so angry?"

Jungkook's voice toned down hearing the person on the other side of the line.

"Oh.. Jungmi-ya. Sorry I thought you were someone else."

"Did you break up with Misook already?"

"Yeah.."

"Why?"

"I'll tell you later. Why did you call?"

"I just wanted to ask something. Yoongi oppa called, his cousin sister is new in Seoul and he wants us to show her around. She's our age only. So can you come by after your match?"

"Why do I have to come? You can go."

"Come on JK, the more the merrier. Hmm?"

"I know why you called right now of all times. So I can't argue as I'm getting late. You cunning little nerd."

"Yeah you know me. So I'll text you the place, just show up there on time with your good looking little face."

"Ahhh... Finee. Now let me go."

"Yes yes, all the best for your match. Byeee."

Then his coach called everyone to gather and he went for the match.

Jungmi was sitting inside a cafe scrolling through her phone and munching on the sandwich she had ordered. She felt a tap on her head from behind. JK came and sat opposite her, flashing his bunny smile.

"You already ordered without me?"
And he took a big bite from the sandwich, snatching it from her hands.

"I was hungry. So how was your match? Did you guys win?"

"Huh, do you even need to ask that?"

"Yeah I knew it. Btw now tell me why did you and Misook break up?"

"I just didn't feel that connection with her."

"Every time you break up with a girl you say the same thing. Now I doubt if such a person even exists in this world, with whom you can feel that 'connection'."