Prologue

She slam the glass of wine down on the table as she runs her hand through her long H/C hair as she sighs in exhaustion

She slam the glass of wine down on the table as she runs her hand through her long H/C hair as she sighs in exhaustion. Recently, Y/N failed her final exam in Sumeru Akademiya and she went back to her homeland in Mondstadt during summer break.

On the last day, she head to Angel Share to drink her sorrow away.

"I did so well and then I failed that big final before summer break? This is ridiculous..." She said before taking another big gulp from her drink, "I studied day and night and I was so sure I had all the answers to the questions..."

The bartender she was talking to just laughs, "Oh, cheer up. I'm sure you'll do better in the next exam. You seem like a brilliant young woman."

Y/N roll her eyes, "Easy for you to say since you've never been to that place. The Akademiya can literally make you age so fast before you even hit 40. And I've been in that place for more than 15 years because I fail my finals very often..."

She takes the last sip from her glass and push it to the bartender, "Anyways, can I get a second? I want to take my mind off of the Akademiya and drink to my heart's content." 

____________________________________

Later on in the middle of the night, Y/N decided to sit outside of the tavern to drink and admire the stars above her. She lets out a weary sigh as she wondered where she went wrong in her path as a student at the Akademiya. Almost all of her peers who were the same age as her had already graduated from that school 3 years ago but she's been stuck there longer than she's supposed to. Not to mention, she can't perform her own research or start her career unless she graduate from that place.

"The stars outside are quite lovely tonight isn't it?"

Y/N turn around at the sound of a man's voice behind her and she sees that it belongs to a tall man with bright red hair tied back into a low ponytail. He's wearing a long black coat over a white blouse and black dress pants along with a glowing pryo vision hanging from his belt. He stares emotionlessly into Y/N's E/C eyes with his red ones as she nods her head. It's Diluc Ragnvindr.

"Mmm. It is I guess."

Diluc sat down next to her on the steps and Y/N hands him a bottle of wine, "Want some dandelion wine?"

He frowned at her, seeming as if he's not pleased with seeing someone drinking out in public, "Did you get that from the tavern?"

"Mhm. The bartender felt bad for me since I failed my finals for the Sumeru Akademiya and gave this to me to make me feel better."

"I see. I think a glass of grape juice would be much more refreshing than dandelion wine."

Y/N snorted and took a drink from the wine bottle, "Yeah right. I'm not a kid anymore."

He gives her another monotone look, "I'm serious. Alcohol isn't really going to make you feel better. The hang over effects will drain you both mentally and physically. I've seen it happen before with... someone I personally know."