Part 3

Alois' POV

"Merci." I say.

"Yes?" She asks. Today she has on a simple black dress that goes down a few inches past her knees

"We're having a guest over today." I tell her.

"Who?" She asks.

"Phantomhive is going to visit." I inform her.

~time skip 

Merci and I sit in my study waiting. I hear a knock on the door and it's opened by someone with long red hair dressed in all red.

"MERCI!" He yells and hugs Merci.

"Grell! Put me down! I swear you act like you haven't seen me in years!" She says.

"Grell." Sebastian says as if warning him.

"Oh alright." Grell says and sets her down next to me.

"That's my brother. He's practically useless. He's obsessed with Sebastian." Merci whispers to me. That explains that.

"Why are his eyes green and yellow?" I whisper ask Merci.

"All reaper's eyes are like that." She whispers back

"Yours aren't. Your eyes are golden." I whisper.

"Grell why are my eyes golden? All the other reaper's eyes are like yours." Merci says to Grell.

"Funny story... You're, um, half reaper... and half demon." Grell says nervously. Merci glares at him and mumbles something I can't hear.

"Merci could I have a word with you in the other room?" Ciel asks her.

"No." I say right away. I don't want to let Merci out of my sight.

"Oh I'll be fine Alois." She says and shakes her head. "You blonde idiot." She mumbles.

Merci's POV

I lead Ciel to the library down the hall. I'm quite curious as to what he would want to talk about. Ciel opens the door and I follow him in. He takes a seat at a table and I sit across from him.

"Do you know as to why that brat want's you with him today?" Ciel asks me.

"He's not a brat first of all. And yes I do know why." I say.

"Would you mind sharing that reason?" Ciel asks.

"Alois thinks you won't hurt him if I'm here. I think that's quite silly though." I say.

"Why is that?" Ciel asks.

"Because you, Ciel, are playing a game of chess. I'm not part of your game. Therefore I'm not important and you could careless if I'm here or not. There's a good chance you will end up hurting Alois today. But if you do try to hurt Alois, I just hope you don't think I'll let you get away with it." I say

"You're very smart. I noticed you pharesd that in a way as to say you could be in someone else's game of chess though." Ciel says.

"I believe Alois may be playing a game of chess as well. He just isn't very good at it. If Alois is playing a game of chess that I am a piece in his game. But as to which piece, I'm not sure." I say.

"Why Merci. Isn't it clear? You're his queen. I doubt he thinks of you as any other kind pawn. I'm eliminating every piece he has." Ciel says and pauses. His eyes shift to something behind me and he gives the slightest of nods. "And Merci you are his favorite and his strongest piece." He finishes.

"So you need to get rid of me." I say and catch the 4 table knives flying at my head. " But honestly. What a cheap move Ciel." I say standing up to face Sebastian. I take out my custom deathscythe, a chainsaw. Yes I know grell has the same, but I had mine first. Sebastian attacks first. I easily doge. Sebastian sends 4 table knives at me and i deflect them with my deathscythe. I race forward and slash him. It's not a deep cut, but it weakens him.

"Sebastian don't fail." Ciel says. That's right. He's here. In a blink of an eye I have Ciel's hands behind his back and a him in front of me, my deathscythe in front of him. Ready for the kill.