31 | in the middle of the crystal cave

She dropped to the ground once the others made it to the hole. Armin and Moblit were carrying a still unconscious Hange. Y/n wanted to go over and check on them, but she held back. If they were still here, they should be fine.

Y/n's eyes were blinded as a sudden light filled the cave — not any light. It was the same type of light like when Eren would transform. Fuck, are we too late?

"A Titan's forming!"

"Eren!"

The wind blew Y/n's hair back and she had to shield her eyes. What were they supposed to do now?

"Captain! The hole!" Everyone looked up at where Armin was pointing. There was a hole in the ceiling. Does that lead somewhere?

"Armin, Moblit! You two get Hange out of here!" Levi ordered.

The rest of the Scouts went through the hole, managing to make it to the other side of the net. Y/n's eyes widened as she saw the giant Titan forming, then a chained down Eren and Historia hiding behind him. Everyone immediately rushed over to the two.

"You okay?" Mikasa asked Historia as she held her.

"Mikasa!" Historia called.

Y/n dropped down at the same time as Levi. "Give me the keys!" Levi called.

"Captain? Everyone . . ." Eren turned to face them. Just then did Y/n notice his bleeding forehead.

Y/n was on her knees on Eren's right side, Connie dropping next to her. Levi grabbed the keys and started unlocking Eren's chains while Jean held onto his other arm.

"Connie, hurry!" Levi handed the keys to Connie and he got to work.

"Forget about me!" Eren yelled over all the noise. "Captain! Get them out of here!"

"Shut up already, you half-naked wuss!" Jean yelled at him. "We can't focus on the Titan. People are coming after us with guns!"

"I got it!" Connie yelled before he handed Y/n the keys. She quickly grabbed them and unlocked the chain binding his right ankle to the ground.

"Jean!" Y/n said as she almost tossed it to Jean, who quickly got to work.

The sound of stone cracking filled her ears and Y/n looked up, seeing the Titan still growing, even past the ceiling, breaking it in the progress.

"Look out!"

"Get back!"

Y/n scrambled to move back to where Sasha, Historia and Mikasa were as the three boys dragged Eren back before the five of them were smashed by a boulder.

All Scouts were pressed against the crystal walls as the steam and wind kept coming and Rod Reiss kept growing. Y/n had closed her eyes, shielding her face with her hands again as she stood next to Jean and Connie.

"Shit, we're completely trapped!" Jean yelled.

Eren suddenly slid down the wall and started crying. "Sorry, everyone . . . I've been completely useless. We were wrong all along. I was never humanity's way forward." He suddenly stopped, his eyes stuck on something. "Armor?"