Room for two | {ObaMitsu}

Theme: Fluff

Note: apparently I've been lax in writing fluff so ive been demanded to write it to pay back for all the angst

Spoilers! post-muzan's death

begins in reg.AU and then switches to modern 

Tags: @bluespiderlilac

×××

They were buried together. Sanemi saw it with his own eyes. He was allowed out of bed for the funeral, though supported by Tengen's sturdy arm. Apparently, Obanai had been holding onto Mitsuri for dear life—rather, death—and they had been unable to be seperated. The thought made Sanemi's heart ache for them and he wondered what had happened in the moments before their death. Had Obanai been able to tell her finally? If so, Sanemi was glad of it. At least he'd have some sort of final rest before he drew his last breath. Nevertheless, it hurt him to watch as the coffin was lowered into the ground and the stone engraved with their names was placed upon the freshly packed earth.

The coffin was large and specifically adorned beautifully. The Ubuyashiki's had left money to the side to buy the gravestones and coffins to be gorgeously made for each and every Demon Slayer who had deceased in the past thousand years. Kiriya and the others had made sure that the same money was used to buy coffins for the Demon Slayers who had died fighting Muzan as well, keeping the tradition.

This particular coffin was built large enough to have room for two as both Obanai and Mitsuri were tucked inside. It looked pecuiliar, two stones over one grave. But it fit. They had always been close to one another, despite their obvious differences and neither wanting to tell the other how they felt. They had been close. And they would be even through death.

Sanemi leaned against Tengen, letting himself relax slightly. 

"Are you tired?" Tengen asked, shifting their position.

"I'm fine. I want to stay here, still," Sanemi murmured.

"Alright. Tell me if you want to go."

"I will."

Words were spoken for the two Hashira and Sanemi watched as bundles of flowers piled up all around the grave, decorating it and making it look as alive and colorful as the two had been. As they were. People started leaving as the sun slowly made its descent down the sky and still Sanemi stood, watching the grave with a melancholy smile. Finally, he stood up, almost tipping over from the sudden movement.

Tengen, startled, quickly held onto him before he fell.

"I'm ready to go," Sanemi told him.

"M'kay," Tengen replied, taking his arm and guiding him out and down the path, back home.

×××

"There won't be any room!" Obanai whined as he eyed the ferris wheel.

"Oh, don't be a pussy," Sanemi groaned, rolling his eyes. "Kanroji's going to be back from the bathroom any second now, you have to ask her to go with you before the place closes."