Do I know you? | {KanaNez}

Theme: Fluff

Note: It starts as regular AU then skips to modern!!

I TOOK SO LONG ON THIS, I GOT STUCK AND HAD TO REWRITE IT ARGHH

There's a little SaneKana and InoAoi mentioned btw :3

Tags: @bluespiderlilac

×××

Kanao had always been there for Nezuko. When she was a demon and wandered about the halls at night, Kanao would bump into her sometimes as she arrived home from a mission. They would meander through the garden under the moonlight as Kanao pointed out different flowers, her voice soft yet clear in the silence of the night. Nezuko would trot along by her side, picking up a fallen flower from a tree, smoothing out its petals and handing it to Kanao. After the war, they spent even more time together, going on picnics or swimming in a river. Most of the time, they were with the others. But occasionally they had their time to themselves and they enjoyed it to the utmost pleasure. At times after Tanjiro died, Kanao would spend nights comforting Nezuko, holding her in her arms and rocking her to sleep. She was always there till the day they died and she would always be close.

×××

The alarm rang. Usually, Kanao was never up late. But last night she had been out with a couple friends of hers; Tanjiro, Aoi, and Zenitsu. They had lost track of time and she had ended up coming home late and knowing full well she would need an alarm tonight. Typically, she woke up even two hours before the alarm but today she woke up right as the loud beeping entered her ears. 

She jolted up. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she dragged herself out of the bed and changed into her school uniform. There was the annual school festival today, which was a bad day to arrive late, so she hurried through her morning routine, checking her bag to make sure she had everything. She went downstairs to where her adoptive family was.

Shinobu was making breakfast in the kitchen, humming to herself as she put a plate on the table. 

"Good morning, Kanao," she said cheerfully. "Kanae's boyfriend picked her up already so she's not here. Eat your breakfast quickly, alright? We have to catch the bus."

Kanao nodded and put her bag down, murmuring a quick thank you before she ate. After finishing, she followed Shinobu out the door as they walked to the bus stop, barely catching the public bus. They arrived at the school twenty minutes later and went their respective ways to their classrooms.

The school was adorned with all sorts of banners as people rushed about, getting things ready. This year, Kanao's class was doing some sort of Flower Café for their event and it had seemed like a good idea at first but, even from a hall away, Kanao could already smell the heavy scent of nectar wafting from the classroom. Luckily, as she arrived, she found that visually it was quite pleasing, the decorations of both real and fake flowers giving it a beautiful look.