Please | {SaneOba}

Theme: Angsty fluff? Not that angsty <3

Note: I'm obsessing over this ship right now i'm sorry. 

They're already dating :>

Sanemi's body dripped with blood and he pushed his hair out of the way as he trudged along the path. He'd just finished a mission which had left him particularily drained—paired with the fact that he hadn't slept in a couple days. He was on the verge of collapsing, barely keeping himself upright the further he walked.

Then, finally, his house came into view and he sped up, ignoring the pain ripping through his body. He probably had a couple broken bones, too. He'd been careless this time, when he'd cut this arm to let his Marechi blood intoxicate the demons. He'd cut too deeply and it had caught him off of balance. 

Sanemi pushed the door open, noting that it wasn't locked. Obanai was here, then, he realized. He'd only given the extra key to the Serpent Hashira. Well, he would have to hurry and bandage himself before he ran into Obana-

Obanai stood there with his arms crossed and staring judgingly at Sanemi as he stepped inside. Kaburamaru seemed to be trying to mimic his friend's pose and his beady red eyes glared at the Wind Pillar.

"Hi..?" Sanemi said slowly, pushing his arm against his stomach in an attempt to conceal the blood. 

Obanai raised an eyebrow. "Why didn't you go to Kocho's?" 

"Why are you here?" 

Kaburamaru hissed at Sanemi and Obanai ignored the question. "I'm going to take you to her." 

"Why? It's not that bad!"

In one quick stride, Obanai reached Sanemi and pulled his arm to look. "You're bleeding buckets, Sanemi, stop trying to get yourself out of this."

The injured Hashira rolled his eyes and tried pushing past, but Obanai easily kept him in his hold as he opened the door again and dragged Sanemi out. 

Once they got to the Butterfly mansion, Obanai put Sanemi in Shinobu's care. Before he left, he said, "If you won't fucking take care of yourself then I won't talk to you."

Sanemi, deciding this was an empty threat, though nothing of it except that it must be worry, and let Shinobu care for him. 

He was proven wrong, however, when Obanai started ignoring him. 

Sanemi would walk by Obanai, or approach him, or speak to him, and Obanai would straight up ignore him, not speaking to him, not answering, not anything. And the worst part was that he knew he was listening. Or, at least, if it had anything to do with a mission. Because Sanemi had told Obanai about what a demon had accidentally slipped up, then later Kyojuro told Sanemi that Obanai was researching it at the moment.

It was irritating.

Of course, Sanemi tried his hardest to make Obanai listen. But somehow, it never worked. And he didn't know what the fuck he should do to snap him out of this. 

So, although not without a lot of hesitation and grumbling, he went to Shinobu for help.

Shinobu was... amused. Much to Sanemi's annoyance.

"I told him to ignore you until you came to your senses," she said, ducking out of his reach. 

Sanemi growled. "You what."

She laughed. "Just tell him you won't get yourself all hurt and then not come here, maybe he'll listen then." 

Sanemi left, very much distressed and frustrated. 

He went right to Obanai, who was sitting on a bench near where Sanemi often passed by. He was reading, though. 

Sanemi stomped to him and said, harshly, "Look at me!"

Obanai continued reading. Although, the book was upside down. 

Sanemi grumbled. "Listen! I won't fuck up myself and not go to Kocho's, okay?? Stop ignoring me!"

No response. He was growing more desperate by the second. 

"Obanai!!" he shouted. "Fucking hell, why won't you listen??!" he hissed. He paused for a moment, searching his lover's face for any sort of answer. Nothing. He sighed heavily, deciding it couldn't hurt to just... go all out. 

He grabbed the book and threw it somewhere far away and then turned back to Obanai—who kept a blank expression, much like Giyuu's—and grabbed his shoulders. Sanemi's gaze met Obanai's, though the heterochromic eyes that looked back looked as if they weren't giving him full attention. 

"Fucking idiot!" Sanemi snapped. "I've been trying to talk to you, been trying to get to you, but you ignore me! I'm trying to figure out what the fuck I did wrong, and Kocho and you had both said the thing about my injuries but I already told you I wouldn't do that again! I can't stand the way you won't listen anymore! You used to never ignore me! I hate this so fucking much, and I wish you would stop it. Like, if you broke up with me I'd be happy you were even talking to me—but seriously, don't break up with me. I don't think I could stand that either." He took a breath. "You can't imagine how I've felt in this time! I want to talk to you, I want to be with you, I want you so fucking badly all the damn time, and I get ignored by the one person I want to be with!! Hell, I went to Kocho for help!! I would say I hate you, but that'd be a lie. I can't fucking live without you and the fact that you won't listen, the fact that just because I was careless and decided to go home... You ignore me now. Will you ever stop?! I can't. Fucking. Take it! I can't even tell if you hate me or not for the fact that you won't say a thing to me! I just.... Please..! Please don't ignore me anymore." 

Sanemi stared at Obanai for a beat, but he got no response, yet again. Feeling hopeless, he turned and crossed his arms, starting to leave. 

"Sanemi," Obanai said quietly.

The Hashira instantly turned back to meet the gaze of the smaller one. "Yes?" he asked breathlessly. 

"I'm... sorry," Obanai muttered. "I was annoyed that you weren't taking care of yourself, and since Kocho was there I asked her for help. She said ignoring you would open your eyes maybe and I was trying to ignore you the best I could. I didn't think you would really care though, which is why I didn't stop. Also, you seemed always so angry and mad and it just made me more irritated, but I meant to do this so that you would stop hurting yourself. I... I didn't mean to go this far and I'm sorry that I made you feel that way, I didn't know it was even possible. In all honesty, I figured you'd get over me ignoring you and end up ignoring me as well. I just didn't know what to do to get you to take care of yourself and I know I probably went about it in the wrong way, so I'm so fucking sorry for that. But I'll stop. I'll stop now, I hated not being with you the whole time when I so badly wanted to. I don't care if you hate me now, for saying this, but I meant to do what was best for you because I fucking care about you and I..." He looked up, grabbing Sanemi's wrist, and whispered, so softly Sanemi barely heard it. "I fucking need you."

Sanemi gazed at him, almost unseeing anything. Then he pulled Obanai into an embrace and pressed his lips harshly against the other's. 

"Fucking bastard," he hissed. "I thought you hated me."

Obanai gave him an apologetic sigh and leaned against him. "I could never."

{Word count: 1266}

I feel like it's so OOC for either of them to say 'ily' to each other ;-;

I might end up posting this like when I post smth else too since i'm scheduling this post bc i'm too lazy Xd 

and i'll forget to post it anyways-