FRIGG EVANS

THE DAYS when Frigg Evans woke up in a very good mood were rare. Very rare. Those when she kept the good mood until lunch were until now imaginary. But Frigg was in a really good mood today. She was going to visit Mallory this afternoon. Only a few hours left, she thought, putting her pasta box on the table. She had no classes with any of her friends this morning and the table was still empty.

"Here's my favorite girlfriend!" Bellary grinned, sitting next to her and smashing her pizza in front of her.

"What about me?" Annie asked, also taking a seat next to a very red Roy.

"Roy, are you alright?" Frigg asked, worried. "No offense but you look like a tomato."

"We invited Dylan to join us," Bellary explained. "I figured the poor boy needed all the help he could get."

Frigg frowned, not remembering who the Hades Dylan was supposed to be. Probably Roy's crush she'd seen sometimes before. "Where is he?"

"Getting something to drink. Anything new about Mallory?" Bellary questioned.

"I'm meeting her this afternoon. Which also means I can't come to practise tonight." She could see Bellary and Annie sharing a look, both silently agreeing that they would try and plead her cause tonight, because they didn't want her to be punished with a hypoxic training, but before they could say anything, the said Dylan arrived. "Hi, I'm Frigg," she smiled at him.

The boy nodded. "I know. Aiden pretty much screams death threats to your name every morning."

"That's real love," Bellary sighed.

Dylan frowned. "Well... He looks more like he wants to murder her but I guess you can call it what you want."

"Real love," the girl insisted.

Annie winced on her chair. "That makes me think about what happened to Haley this week-end, I mean I can't believe that-"

Frigg stopped listening when they began to talk about poor Cherry's life. She didn't really know her. Instead, she looked around the tables. But she couldn't find Aiden. She saw Azalea, Jai, the twins, Reece and Chloe, but Aiden's usual chair was empty. Did they fight? Or maybe he was sick? But what if something actually happened to him?

She shook her head slightly. If something bad really happened, his friends would know. And she shouldn't even be worried.

"Frigg? Earth to Frigg!" Roy's hand snapped her out of her bubble.

"What?"

"Nothing," the red-headed sighed. "What is it?"

"What do you mean?"

"You look anxious," Annie explained softly. "Is there a problem?"

"No!" She waved her hands as if to say 'forget it', but then, in the most casual tone she could muster, "I was just wondering where... where Aiden is."

Bellary smirked. "And why that?"

"I'm just very... glad to have an Aiden-free day. It's like holidays."

They stared at her for a few seconds. "You can just go ask one of his friends if they know where he is," Annie whispered.

Frigg shook her head. "Nah. There's no need to worry about this. I'm sure it's nothing and I don't care anyway."

"He wasn't here in French class," Roy realised.

"He probably skipped since he wasn't absent in the computer," Dylan added.

He had meant to reassure her, but Frigg knew very well that Aiden would never miss class, and even less skip. He had golden grades, and he had been working his ash off to become a doctor. He really loved science and biology, that's why she was so proud of her science prize –she stole it from him, being a minutes quicker during the test.