AIDEN JACKSON

"I'M GONNA eat ICE CREAM! I'm gonna eat ICE CREAM!"

If Hope was the only one singing this, it would've been fine. But no. Her seventeen and twenty-two years old sisters fucking decided to sing too.

"I'm supposed to get Hope ice cream, not you two."

Frigg rolled her eyes. "You make a deal with one of us, you get all of us on your back."

Anna nodded. "Damn right. And who's going to watch Hope while you make out if I'm not coming?"

Aiden Jackson couldn't help a glance at Frigg, and saw her blush. Well that was new... "We are NOT going to make out. If anything, I'll punch him."

Nice to feel loved. He leaned in until he was close enough to make his lips touch her ear and felt her shiver. Why was she shivering? Was she cold? "Hey, I'm the one giving the ice cream. I'd be nice if I were you."

She nudged him in the stomach and pushed him away. "Whatever."

They walked in the store to a blond guy. "Hi, what can I get you?"

Hope jumped on her small feet. "I want a chocolate one! I want a chocolate one!" She pulled on his shirt a little. "Can I get a chocolate ice cream, Addy?"

"I'll have cookie dough," Anna added.

Aiden sighed. "One chocolate, one cookie dough, one yoghurt and one mint-chocolate-chips."

Frigg frowned. "I didn't tell you what I wanted."

He rolled his eyes. "You always order the same."

"What if I wanted something else for once?"

Aiden ignored her and Anna and Hope took their ice cream as the guy made Frigg's mint and chocolate. Before she could, he took the ice cream in his hand.

"Hey! That's mine!" She tried to take it but he lifted it where she couldn't reach it.

"I didn't hear the magic word, Freya."

She jumped and pulled on his shirt, trying to get it. "Ugh, you are so annoying, you prized anus!"

He rose a brow at her words, but remained focused. "Not the magic word."

Hope took her sister's hand and whispered quite loudly, "The magic word is 'please'."

Anna chuckled, and Frigg gave her older sister a look. A kitten thinking she was a tiger. How cute. "Help me!" she snapped.

Anna shook her head, laughing. "Nah. I want to see where this goes."

Frigg's look turned to him, her eyes filled with rage and fury, and he gulped. Maybe she was a tiger after all. "Fine then," she huffed. "Time to pull out the big guns." 

He looked with suspicion as she walked closer to him, and out of nowhere placed a hand on his chest, and not in a 'I am going to push you on the floor and run you over with a lorry' kind of way, but in a very, very different kind of way.What the hell? She rose her eyes to him, and bit her lip. He watched followed its movement, and his heart quickened as she leaned closer, her other hand trailing up to his cheek. 

Damn traitor of a heart. You're supposed to hate her, idiot.

She was so close he could smell her rose perfume. She always smelt like rose. She leaned in, like she was going to kiss him, and he lowered his arms, his eyes still on her lips. He didn't know what he was thinking, he couldn't kiss her, he couldn't throw away years of sacrifice for this.

At the last moment, her lips trailed to his ear. "Thanks for the ice creams, Birdbrain."

He blinked. In less than a second, she was a few meters away and had the ice cream in her hands.

"Addy, I think I got some chocolate on my shirt," Hope whined.

He turned to her. Play the ignorant and everything will go just fine. When he saw the toddler, he almost chuckled. "I think you got chocolate on more places than just your shirt, kiddo."

Anna took a napkin and tried to wash Hope's brown face. "Ugh," she sighed when it just spread the ice cream. "That's why I'm never getting kids."

"Also because you scare them," Frigg commented.

"I do not!"

"You so do! Last Christmas, you said to that poor nine years old boy that and I quote 'Santa is a creepy old stalker who breaks in people's house and doesn't respect his poor deers and elves'. I had never seen someone cry so much."

Anna shrugged. "Reality hurts."

"I love Santa!" Hope piped in. "I gonna ask him to bring me a horse!"

Aiden smiled as he watched the three sisters talk together. Anna looked exactly like her mother: very light blonde hair, blue eyes and a pale skin. She also had a very interesting style. She always wore black or gray very loose T-Shirts with things written on them. Today, it said 'SHUT THE FUCK UP'. Matched her personality. On the opposite end, Hope had her father's brown hair, dark eyes, and tanned Venezuelan skin. And her style was more like Chloe's: dresses and colors.

Frigg was a mix. She had her father's caramel thick hair, mother's light mesmerising eyes and a white skin that blushed red any time she would get angry. She laughed when Hope said something, and placed her hand on her sister's hair in an affective gesture.

He bit his lip as he lost himself in his thoughts. He'd had this. He'd had that close sibling-relationship once. He closed his eyes, but the visions were still there. Her cold wrist, her pale figure.

He shook his head, payed the guy and did the only smart move he had left. He ran away. Again.