FRIGG EVANS

"THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE," Bellary complained. "Why can't we just start our training without them?"

"I know right," Della nodded. "Why do we have to wait for the boys if they're so slow? We could just swim a 400 before they arrive..."

"But we don't want to swim more than we should," Frigg reminded them, deciding to be the voice of reason. "Let's just wait for them."

When the swimmers and Robert finally arrived, the first one to complain was Ramira. "How does it take you guys longer than the girls to change?" She wondered, leaning against the wall and staring at the empty pool in boredom. "And I thought my team was slow..."

 "What can I say, we gotta keep our speed for the swimming," Jai shrugged.

Rebecca snorted, taking it as a challenge immediately, and Frigg wasn't surprised, seeing she was a very competitive person. "I best any of us could beat the fastest of you!"

"And I bet the fastest of us is definitely going to beat any of you," Lucas threw back, crossing his arms on his chest. What the boy was playing at, when he'd only been swimming for a year, Frigg didn't know.

Robert raised his head with hope as he glanced around him. "Wait, this is going to go to a race. That means I won't have to force them in the water!"

"That's actually a good idea," John smirked. "Let's make a race. The fastest of us against whoever he wants from your team."

"Fine," Rebecca snapped.

"Fine," Lucas agreed.

All of the boys's eyes fell on Aiden, and he blinked, understanding with a groan what had just happened. "Of fucking course. Organise a race, and then force your friend to do it."

"And who are you swimming against?" Robert asked, ignoring the strong words.

Aiden sighed. His eyes wandered on the girls, and Frigg followed his stare. Rebecca seemed pretty confident, so did Bellary. Neither of them. Aiden knew he was a good swimmer, but he didn't like to take risks, she knew that. Annie and the Dellas were talking together, not minding the whole race thing, she knew he was too kind to force them into this.

He looked at Frigg. She raised her eyebrow, knowing she was his only choice. "Let's make a deal," Aiden said.

That interested her, and she leaned forwards. "I'm all ears."

"If I win, you have to stop your stupid pranks."

She tilted her head, he would never let her lose at that prize. If there was one thing about their prank war, it was that both of them needed it, it was the only normal thing left after Vivian's death, the one tradition they could hang onto. "And if I win?"

"Your prize."

Frigg narrowed her eyes and bit her lip. "I get to make you dance the Just Dance version of What Does The Fox Say, and I get to film it. Of course, I'm allowed to use that video as I please."

He rolled his eyes, not looking fazed the slightest by her idea. What was there left for her to do to surprise him? It felt like he knew everything she had done and everything she would do. "Deal."

She smiled, her blue eyes glinting in amusement. "Deal."

Della laughed. "You don't know what you just got into," she said. Aiden shrugged. Frigg didn't put it against him, if there was one thing he adored more than science, it was swimming. Fork, he somedays started training at four in the morning, she would be surprised to win against him if he did his best.

"100 meters freestyle. You know the rules," Robert told them.

"I say," Frigg said, knowing she had to find a way to trick him into letting her win, "That the first one out of the pool after those 100 wins."