2: The Duke's Office

You follow behind Wriothesley as he navigated the halls of the Fortress of Meropide. You walked by several prisoners and guards, who all gave you nods of respect. Little did they know, you had broken the rule of bringing your Vision to the fight and were now going to be facing punishment. 

You wondered if Lynette and Lyney had already returned to the overworld. You didn't even get a chance to say goodbye.

When you and Wriothesley passed by the Coupon Cafeteria, your stomach involuntarily grumbled. Even if you were using your Vision, you had already spent the majority of your stamina inside the Pankration Ring. Your cheeks burned from embarrassment at the loud sound your stomach had just made.

Wriothesley approached Bran, the Nimble Harvester Mek.

"Greetings. What can I do for you?" asked Bran. 

"One welfare meal for (y/n), please."

"Understood. Enjoy your meal."

Wriothesley hands you the silver lunch box. "You get only one of these a day. You'll be eating this in my office today."

You nodded and collected your meal. "Thank you."

The two of you left the cafeteria and headed towards Wriothesley's office. Inside, you were surprised to find a large space with a spiral staircase that led to his desk and a single couch. 

Wriothesley made his way behind his table, while you continued to stand awkwardly in the middle of the room

"Get comfortable," he said. "You'll be spending a lot of time in here."

"I think I'll do that after you tell me what my punishment is," you replied. Your stomach had been twisting and turning at the very thought of being in trouble. 

Wriothesley instantly appeared right in front of you again. Swiftly he grabbed your jaw with one strong hand and forced you to look up at him. You could still hear the jingling of his handcuffs from how quickly he moved. He lowered his head so that you could feel his warm breath on your face. "I'd think twice about disobeying me right now, (y/n). Get. comfortable."

He continued to stare into your eyes but paused at your lips for a few moments longer than he should have. When he let go of your jaw, your knees suddenly became weak, and the next thing you knew, you were sitting on the couch. Your heart was beginning to race. You didn't know if Wriothesley suddenly touching you was kind of hot or incredibly terrifying. Maybe it was a little bit of both. But right now, you knew it was best to talk less and listen more. 

Wriothesley returned to his desk. He needed to calm himself down. He could feel his excitement building. It had been a long time he had been in the presence of a young woman of this caliber. And not just beautiful, but his type too. If he had his way right now, he would strip you out of your clothes and would be taking you on the couch this very moment. He wanted to know what kind of noises you would make underneath him. He needed to hear you utter his name from your lips.