Chapter 13: Ringing it in

Y/N pov:

We magically landed back onto Leo's favorite view of the city.

Times Square was loud, busy and chaotic. I've been in that crowd before and I much much prefer it up here.

The ball was spinning at the top of its perch, moments before it would drop.

A light snow gave it all that much ambiance.

I moved away from Leo's arms and approached the edge, peeking over it.

Seeing New York from up here was so euphoric.

I feel Leo's warm hand slide up my back and he leans over it too.

I just keep staring. "I kinda feel like I'm falling."

I hear him laugh. "Okay okay try sitting down and looking over. It's fun."

I look at him and he's smiling. His smile is so reassuring. Like he knows everything is alright.

I smile back and slowly get to my knees and peek over the ledge with my arms propped up.

"Yeah it feels like I'm closer." I whisper.

He's tall enough he just sits down and leans over the edge, our shoulders touching.

"What do you like most about New York City Y/N?" Leo asks me, still looking at the city with his chin on his palm.

I face him a little. "Well you know it's a lot different from Boston. I really like the city. Specifically when it comes to New York, I feel like I can feel the energy of the crowds. Like, everyone here has a story. And everyone here wants something more from life. New York can change people. I feel it changing me even now." I lean in to kiss his cheek.

As I pull away I feel him smile and I see his cheeks flush.

"I'm surprised you didn't call me a pet name." I tease.

He turns to me, looking love struck.

"I can never tell if you like it or not. I know I come off as strong, especially when I first met you. I feel so behind on women and flirting and all that because I live in the sewers. And you know, I'm not exactly- human. I just kinda hope something I do works." He sighs, his eyes dropping from mine.

I scoot closer to him. "Leo, I really can't reassure you enough. You're enough for me and you always have been. I don't know anything about men and flirting either. Yeah I didn't like your pet names first, but now it feels like something we have. I'm usually a pretty hard shell to crack."

We both chuckle softly at my joke. "Please no cracking shells." He jokes.

"You handle making out and sex with a mutant turtle pretty well. I feel like this must be a lot to take in. Not to mention portaling and falling from a building and a shoulder injury. I really admire you Y/N. You're almost as brave as me." He winks.

I laugh and playfully push him. He doesn't really move.

"It's just really easy to trust you." I smile, watching his eyes soften.