[ 01. ]

╭────»»❀❀❀««────╮

[ 𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵, 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘶𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦. ]

╰────»»❀❀❀««────╯

。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆

"Why can't fate let us be together..?"

。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆

We started as strangers,

Companions,

Friends,

Partners,

Now we are enemies..

Now you stand before me, with a weapon in hand, staring at me with those e/c eyes of yours, while Seoul, the city we used to live in, now lay desolated, the buildings crumbled down as silence drifted through the littered streets, aswell as the scent of rotting flesh that we have grown used to in this damned apocalypse.

Corpses of both humans, animals and beasts lay now rotting, creating a horrid stench that we could careless about, a silver glint of light that reflected the moon shines before us, giving us the spot light, the land we are standing on is now the stage of our final tragic battle, only a mere entertainment, for these constellations, but to us it is the most heartbreaking thing that has happened to us.

I was quickly snapped out of my daze as I hear my companion..no, my enemy, laugh hopelessly before me, pointing his sword, ready to clash blades, but behind those eyes, there is a hint of hesitation, I can't help but feel as if he has finally came back to me, but I cannot help but feel frightened internally, if I show any hesitation he will find a weakness, an opening before he strikes his blade down upon me.

"Does it really have to end like this? Joonghyuk?" I almost flinched at the his voice as I readied my blade looking at him fiercely, but his eyes softened at the sight of my expression, his voice remained gentle, even though we are nothing but enemies in this stage we are acting in, the show we had to put up for these constellations who watched every incarnation fight, run, and die.

"Do we really have a choice in this matter?" I answered with harsh reality, in which Y/n had came to realize that there is nothing we can do, staring at the system window of the main scenario, sighing.

─────────────────────

[Main scenario #▇▇]

[ One last standing ]

Kill the remaining incarnation to become the last one standing in the Seoul dome

Category: Main

Difficulty: A

Time limit: 58 hours

Reward: 50,000 coins

Penalty for Failure: Death
─────────────────────

"It seems that we don't." Y/n replied closing his eyes, his voice sounding nonchalant, well almost, I can see how his hands tremble, how his breath hitch, because I have seen it before, countless of times. "And it seems we are the only ones remaining." I could not reply, I started at my...companion, I try to remain nonchalant, but I could not stand if I where to fight someone whom I wished to protect before I completely go mad, I need to bring him back alive, to hold him close, to come back alive with him, at the end of these scenarios, I quickly snapped out of my senses as I look deep into his eyes. "So you are going to betray me too?" The feeling deep inside me does not match with his words, but in reply, Y/n only smiled, but his eyes twinkled, making me feel as there is something behind it.

It was not long before he made his move, it was fortunate for me to block it just fine. "Are you.. seriously going to do this (Y/n)!?" I yelled in the midst of the clashes of our blades as our fierce battle began, but he did not answer me with that intense look of bloodlust in his eyes.

"Hey, Joonghyuk, what if we're soulmates in every world, or heck even timeline?"

We danced and dance in the stage, with swords clashing with one another, each drop of blood, each tears we shed, each sweat that slipped, the ground crumbled from our attacks, shaking violently with each thrusts and slashes of our blades.

"Do not be ridiculous, Y/n."

But it was only too late to realize that Y/n was not even attacking my vital points but rather the opposite, it was only then I realized, he's doing the same thing, again, but different from the last.

"You never know! I bet we are, seeing as you cannot get rid of me.."

It was only then I have my blade impaling his chest, as his blood soak my clothes, he looked up at me with that stupid smile of his, my irises shook while I watched both blood and tears roll down his face, my breath hitched as a pang strikes my heart with a horrible realization, when his sword clanked to the ground before us, he fell in my arms and I heard his quivering voice reach out to me.

"Live.."

Before his eyes fluttered shut, I screamed at him, holding him by his shoulders, yelling, pleading him to open his eyes, to wake up, but there was nothing, his mouth did not open for a reply, nor his beautiful eyes not open, I felt my world shatter before me.

"Y/n..? Y/n! Open your eyes! You fool!" I gritted my teeth as I gently shook him by the shoulder, I could feel the tears in my eyes starting to pool, my hands trembled as the flashbacks start.

"If we we're soulmates in every world..why not this one..?"

。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆

Dokja bit his lip as he tried not to cry while reading one of the last chapters of TWSA he felt his lips quivering but he quickly wiped his eyes when he sat down, he really needs to stop reading the saddest chapters while in public.

He gulped and sighed, he could not help but shed tears for his two favored characters, but seriously he needs to limit his reading of angst chapters while in public, he could feel the stares on him in the train.

But he just shrug it off, before reading once again.

。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆

「 I only stood besides his body, I could not even mourn for him, nor I can be happy, I just can't feel my tears, it seems I have no more tears left to cry, but only left with a heavy feeling weighing my chest, my shoulders trembled.

Before I gave him the proper burial he deserves, I planted a gentle kiss on his forehead, as my way to bid my good bye to him in this regression.

"I am sorry, I failed you..again, Y/n." 」

。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆