Chapter 1~ In The Mist

Previously: 

" "This is just fucking great!" I growled at myself. Only to be silenced as I heard a faint noise around me. I looked around frantically, but couldn't see anything. Shit. I kept looking, not wanting to give up. I could feel my body trembling softly in fear, my nerves were haywire. I spun around in circle rapidly, trying to find out what was out here with me, and where it was. But my body froze in complete fear as I stood still in my place. Only to hear the sound people dread of hearing in the woods, while they are alone. Snap! " 

________________________________________________________________________________

The loud snapping sound of a twig nearly scared the life out of me, but whatever was out here it was watching me. I stood still not wanting to move, but my body was telling me to run. I looked around, and saw nothing. But I heard the sound again. "Hello?" I yelled. Bad choice. Suddenly I heard a growling sound, I took a couple steps back ready to run for it, until I bumped into something hard. Stupid tree. As I turned around I realized it wasn't a tree. I screamed and ran for my life. The wild animal chasing after me.

I couldn't stop, I glanced behind me again and saw that the animal was closing its distance on me. I turned back around and saw that the mist was clearing up. I could hear the roars grow louder and closer. It's massive paws hit the ground, breaking anything under its weight. My mind was still a blur, but I didn't stop running. Before I could reach the clearing the big animal tackled me to the ground. Its large jaw clamped shut on my shoulder. I screamed in pain and it dug it's claws into my back and bit down harder.

If I wanted to live, I was going to have to fight. It only took a matter of seconds to shift, I heard the loud poping sound of my bones, and as soon as they poped I was already transformed. I was the quickest shifter here. I growled, taking the form of a wolf. The bear was caught off gaurd as he heard me transform, with that he dropped me. I growled and circled around him, my wolf a little bit more then half his size as he stood on his hind legs. I bared my teeth still circling him. He had his eyes locked on me, but wasn't quick enough to block my attack.

I lunged forward biting into his neck, and slamming him to the ground. His claws raked my side and his hind legs kicked me off. Landing on my feet I didn't waste any time, I ran towards him. I jumped into the air for another attack, only to be hit back down. I winced in pain as my body hit into a tree. My vision started to blur. No. I wasn't going to pass out, not now. I stood up, almost falling back down, but I shook my head nad lunged at the bear again.

I bit into his side and shook my head, I heard his loud roars, and winces of pain as I tore a chunk of his flesh out. I growled again, and began to circle him. I jumped up again and tackled him down, my claws were digging into his stomach while my jaws tighten their grip around his neck. After a long moment he stopped struggling from under me, and laid still. Blood spilling from his open wounds. I finally let go and jumped off, looking at the dead animal before me. I threw my head back and let out my victory howl. I won.

I looked around, and saw that I was by the stream, the same one that would lead me home. I glanced back down at the bear, and snorted with disgust before trotting away. After about an hour I reached my home, I wagged my tail happily as I raced towards the door. I pawed at the knob trying to open it, then growled at myself. Duh, I needed to shift back. I heard the loud popping and breaking sounds of my bones. It always made me sick, but never sick enough to throw up. I quickly opened my door and walked inside, racing upstairs to change out of my bloody clothes and take a long shower.

'I can't believe that i won a fight with a bear!' I smiled, only to be interupted by my wolf.

'You also had HELP from ME!" she said in a snotty tone, I just rolled my eyes.

'Yeah thanks' I mumbled. I had took a long shower, which felt great to get that blood off. I looked at the clock and it was almost midnight, I groaned and climbed into bed. Before I could go to sleep I heard a howl. I ignored it thinking it was my imagination or maybe my wolf howling in my head over her victory. But I was saddly mistaken as I heard it again, this time more clear.

I sighed and climbed out of bed walking towards the window, and just then a small group of wolves walked out into the clearing towards my house. I growled and climbed out of my window. "Get out of my territory!" I yelled standing on the roof, but they didnt budge. I growled pissed off. I wanted some time alone, which you think you would get being the only one in the woods for a couple of miles. But no.

But what shocked me was that the wolf in the front looked at the other wolves, and they all disappeard but him. I sighed. "What do you want?" I said irriated. He shifted to human form, I couldn't really see what he looked like, but damn was his voice sexy. "I dont want any trouble, I just want to talk." He said clearly, but I could tell he had a grin on his face. I rolled my eyes and walked back inside locking my window and laying back down.

I dont care what he wanted to talk about, but he wasn't coming inside. Hell no. But of course I was always proven wrong, as I heard a window being broken into. That ass hole broke into my house! I growled and raced downstairs, but saw no one. I growled again and opened my front door, but saw no one again. I took a couple steps outside, and just then I saw him standing there in the trees in wolf form grinning. I was pissed, he broke my window and he thought it was funny. My body started to shake, and before I could stop myself I shifted.

I lunged myself towards him, growling, but he ran deeper into the woods. I growled and ran quicker, but he was to fast. I snarled. 'Stay off my land mutt!' I thought to him, walking back home. I could still feel his presence, and it only made me more mad. I shook my head and picked up my pace, trotting back to my house, but he wouldnt let me. I growled and struggled under him as he pinned me down on my back. I snarled. 'Let.Me.Go.' I growled mad. I can feel my eyes were blood red.

 But he licked my cheek. Strangely it calmed me down a bit, but not enough. I glaced at him shocked, and watched as he shifted back to human form. WTF! I took it as my only chance of getting free, I bit his arm and threw him off. I ran towards my house, which I could see in the distance. But I heard him shifting back. Shit. My body ran faster, my legs moving swiftly beneath me. I felt my face slam face first into the door. I groaned and shook my head. 'Little to fast' my wolf said sarcasticly, but I realised it wasnt my speed that slammed me into the door of my house, but it was him. I growled and snapped at him, but he grinned and bit hard into my shoulder. I winced in pain. Thats the second damn time I was bit in the SAME damn shoulder.

I growled, and winced in pain as he bit down harder, I looked at him tears filling my eyes. The pain grew stronger, but it soon went away as he let go and licked the wound he had just made. I snarled and tried to push him off but he wouldnt budge. The only things racing through my head was...What's Next? What was he going to do?

________________________________________________________________________

So how is it so far? 

Is it good? 

What do you think will happen next, any ideas? :) 

Well hope you guys enjoy it, I have other books that i will be uploading new chapters for, and new books I will be adding. Well hope you enjoy the books, please vote and comment! Thank you and much love ~Mid.

©Copyright Jonaiya Rogers, 2011