Test Drive

A few days later, Izuku slowly woke up to the sound of the girls chattering and the sound of a zipper. He rolled over on his bed and peeked his head out. Looking down, he saw Ruby packing a suitcase. Confused, he looked around the room, to see that Weiss and Yang also had suitcases near them.

"What's going on?" Izuku mumbled, leaning even further out. It got to a point where he lost his balance and fell from the bed and onto the ground head first, scaring the girls. "Ow." He muttered from the ground.

"Are you okay?!" Weiss asked, staring down at Izuku.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Izuku groaned, slowly rising to his feet, rubbing his head and looking around. His vision was shaking slightly. Shaking his head, he opened his eyes and focused back on the suitcases. "Why are you packing? What's going on?" He asked, now fully awake.

"Didn't you get the notification on your Scroll?" Yang asked.

"What notification?" Izuku questioned, unsure of what they were talking about.

Team RWBY looked around at each other, the realization of why Izuku didn't get the notification popping into their minds. "Uhhhh. It's for school break" Ruby explained shyly, not meeting his eyes "Yang and I promised our dad we would visit him when school break came."

"My father has requested my presence back home," Weiss said stiffly. "So I won't be here either."

"I'm going to be staying here at Beacon," Blake said.

Noticing that Izuku still looked confused, Ruby explained what was happening. "Yesterday we all got a notification on our Scrolls telling us that school break is coming soon. We needed to fill out a form saying that we would be going home."

"I didn't get a notification about that." Izuku muttered confused. It took him a few seconds to remember that he didn't have anyone to go home to in this world. His thoughts flashed to his mother, and how he hadn't seen her in so long. She must be worried sick about him.

Ruby noticed Izuku's face grow sad and a thought popped into her mind. An idea that she hoped would cheer him up. "Do you want to come home with us?" Ruby offered kindly. She knew that Izuku didn't really have anywhere else to go besides Beacon, so she thought letting him stay with her and Yang would make him feel better. That, and she wanted to spend more time with him, but the other girls, nor Izuku, needed to know about that.

Izuku shook his head no, making Ruby's smile drop slightly "Thanks, but Blake also isn't going home, so I don't want to leave her all alone here" He told Ruby. That was a half truth. On one hand he didn't want Blake to be all alone. But on the other hand he also had other things he needed to do. If he told the other girls, they would either worry about him, or try and talk him out of it.

Ruby, Yang and Weiss all felt a small pang of jealousy aimed towards Blake. The fact that she'd get to spend two weeks alone with Izuku didn't sit right with them. But they quickly acknowledged there wasn't really anything they could do. Besides, what was the chance Blake had a crush on Izuku or vice versa?

Ruby's Scroll pinged and she quickly glanced at it before her smile came back "Miss Goodwitch has agreed to it!" She exclaimed happily.

"Agreed to what?" Weiss asked.

"Yesterday, I asked Miss Goodwitch if we could book a training room for you to try out your new Huntsman outfit. And she just said yes." Ruby jumped up and headed towards the door. "Come on, let's go!"

"Do we even know which room has been reserved?" Weiss questioned, raising an eyebrow at her young leader. Ruby stammered over her answer before deflating.

"Well, Weiss, Ruby and I will go double check what training room we'll use. We'll text when we've gotten confirmation." Yang said before the three of them left, leaving Izuku and Blake by themselves.