〉To Catch a Falling Star

Wishes are terrifying, and I say that as someone who hasn't wished for anything since I was conceived

Wishes are terrifying, and I say that as someone who hasn't wished for anything since I was conceived. It might have been very recent, but I assure you, wishes are a bane to a person's existence.

My buddy threatened to take my journals away, seeing me thumb another tale about myself. But I am the Seer, and my duty lies in telling a story to the best of my ability. A story which involved two souls, Dara and Page, across various worlds and possibilities.

As always, I will not interfere. I am legally bound to stand on the side and record everything I perceive, bringing you another compilation of my observations. This time, my journey took me to a place where wishes hold more power than destiny. I might be wrong though. I am the Seer, not a freaking cosmic killjoy.

˜"°•.˜"°•˜"°•.˜"°•˜"°•.˜"°•

This is an entry for Aim to Engage 2023, hosted by the Ambassadors profile. This is a contest that runs from November to December, where a flash fiction or a short story must be produced according to a set of prompts. As such, this story is based on the following prompts:

15 - The night is clear and warm. You and your friend lay down in the back of your pick-up truck and watch as the meteor shower finally begins. One meteor in particular travels across the sky slowly... and seemingly gets bigger... and bigger. Did it just change course? Is it... coming towards you?

18 - Write a story about a fairy godmother/father who is tired of seeing their chosen human do things wrong and decide to take this matter into their own hands.