〉The Mysteries of New Herestead

The Seer—that is I, of course—have come back from the other world and have come to another

The Seer—that is I, of course—have come back from the other world and have come to another. Allow me to fulfill my duty lies in telling the story of two souls to the best of my ability. I shall be giving you my notes during my observations in the field, and I shall leave the feelings to you. They are quite...full of them, I must say.

But will I interfere? I cannot. That will be a job for the higher-ups. I am legally bound to stand on the side and record everything I perceive. If I do, there will be consequences, and I do not want to find out what those are.

With that, I bring you the next course of my journey. This field work brought me to a shady city with shady businesses going around. Dara and Page surely find themselves in a bind.

Trust no one. That is something I do not say lightly.

˜"°•.˜"°•˜"°•.˜"°•˜"°•.˜"°•

This is an entry for Aim to Engage 2023, hosted by the Ambassadors profile. This is a contest that runs from November to December, where a flash fiction or a short story must be produced according to a set of prompts. As such, this story is based on the following prompts:

7 - The crocodiles near the swamp have grown restless since the thunderstorm last night. To add to the mystery, an ominous blue algae has suddenly appeared overnight.

3 - You're traveling cross-country alone when your tire goes flat, leaving you in an unfortunate predicament.