14 - Izzat

When he pulled away finally needing to breathe, he used the very last bit of oxygen to utter onto her lips, ''marry me Meerab?''

Then, suddenly there was a hollow silence.

Within, she was inundated with an onslaught of emotions, greed fighting with yearning until she was teary eyes, overflowing with adoration at where they ended up again. Every cell in her body wanted to chant a string of wholehearted yes's.

Istead, she chose reason, and asked a heartbreaking, ''Kaise?'' The question was simple - it weighed up the extent that she was willing to put him in risk. (How?)

''Me and you. Don't think about anything else.'' It was a weak defence when they were back to reality, aware that the threats persisted- the evidence was glaring if one peered down to his exposed menagerie of marks that he had accumulated within a short and fleeting frame of time over a basic lie.

''It's not possible Murtasim,'' she admit in a tone of heartbreak as the surroundings dawned upon them, even this moment was stolen. They were flustered, heaving to accommodate the loss of air.

Time stopped as he looked at her in waiting, for the reply of whether she would become his wife.

''I'll make it possible. Just say yes?'' He asked whilst still blanketed in her phantom touches. (It's possible)

Her tongue halted for another dragging second.

''Meri biwi banjao. Main sab kuch sambhalunga. Trust me - pyaar hai, naam hai, paisa hai... thukrana nahi, pehle se zakhmi hun,'' pleaded, raw before each other again like they once were. His hands covered half of her either shoulder, so close that they shared the same air, now saturated in their unyielding need for one another. (Be my wife. I'll handle everything else. Trust me, theres love, family and and money - dont leave me hanging again, i'm already injured.)

''Murtasim, I didn't mean those things I said when you proposed the first time. Paise ke baath nahi thi, tumhein pata hai ke tumhare saath kheme mein bhi rehlungi. Tumhara Khan na hona zyada pasand tha kyun ke tumhara dil itna saaf hai. Masla bhai ka hai - izzat ka hai,'' she barely got out, tied up in the norms of society. No one would accept them like this, until he rivalled Amar's status. (It was never about the money- you know I would stay in a tent with you. I liked you specifically because you werent a Khan, as you're so clean hearted. The issue is my brother and respect.)

''Nikkah mei izzat hai. Izzat se rakhunga,'' he assured quickly, not even letting her protest. There was not a shadow of hesitancy, she was always close and that only made him realise that he wanted more- for her to be tied to him now they were adults. (There is respect in being wed. I'll keep you with respect.)

It wasn't cute anymore, the relationship as developed into something deeper, mature than requested more than gol gappe and bangles- now he wanted her mind and body too. The need to keep her for himself was unrestrained, wanting to pummel Amar for even looking in her direction. ''Murtasim,'' she hummed velvety, of the precipice of wanting to cave.