12 - Bharosa

Engrossed wholeheartedly in one another in an all encompassing kiss, they were only interrupted by the ringing of his phone

Gallantly, one hand remained on her nape, greedily stealing a last long peck before pulling again to look down. Breathing heavy, he saw Anwar's number calling, knowing that Meerab was right.

Now, Murtasim was a traitor being summoned to face his retribution. Knowing the same is what caused her hands to squeeze - they were in this mess together now.

They exhaled, realising that the climb only begun now - the steepness seemed impossible, so he admit, ''Ab to jaan bhi chali jaye to farq nahi parta,'' he made clear as his thumb graced down her cheek, flushed into a rosy red from being kissed so ardently - it was the colour of love. (Now, even if i lose my life, it doesn't make a difference to me.)

''Nahi, tumhein kuch nahi hone dungi, tum meri jaan ho. Tumhey kuch hogaya to main mar jaon gi,'' she whispered breathlessly, a new pact forming between them. ''Tumne mere kehne pe maara tha.'' (No, I wom't let anything happen to you. You are my life, and I will die if anything happens to you. You hit Amar on my saying so.)

He shushed her before pressing the phone to his ear and heard Anwar speak, ''Waapis gaon mein aau mujhse milne.'' It was just a command, not formalities to blur the edges. (Come to the village and see me.)

''Abhi? Itni raat ho rhi hai,'' Murtasim bluffed with eyes locked onto Meerab, both overwhelmed from the kiss, lips still tingling. (Now? It's late.)

''Abhi.'' Anwar's voice pierced the air, sharp and fuming. It bought them back to reality. (Now.)

Murtasim nod whilst shutting the phone off and guided her back to the car, opening the door and waiting. Her eyes followed him with a magnetic pull as he reached over to buckle her in, the belt fastening as if he worked off of muscle memory. ''Murtasim,'' she asked softly, a barley audible call.

As always he heard it, her vocal cords well known. Whilst he was still standing outside the car, Murtasim looked back into the reflection of darkness - in a way, they were about to walk into her nightmare. ''Anwar tumhari beinteha kadar karta hai. Aik baar bataogi ke Amar ne tumhein haath lagaya tha to sab kuch khatam ho jayega.'' (Anwar cares about you. If you just tell him once that Amar touched you, everything will be over.)

He was waiting for confirmation. Surely she couldn't marry Amar after confessing she loved Murtasim, and his willing voicing that he was going to put him life on the time. ''Bataungi.'' (I will tell him.)

''Mangani todogi,'' he coaxed. (You'll break off the engagement.)

She nod with a fevor, hand reaching out to his arm to assure him. ''Amar se shaadi nahi karungi. Bhut ganda hai.'' (I won't marry Amar. He's a horrible person.)