27

Standing inside the classy Hotel hallway with floral wallpaper and deep red carpet lining the floors, the two had no surprise that the Handler had purchased the best room for herself, though at the end of the world, they did wonder what the point was

She would disappear at the opportune time back to the safety of the Commission, away from the timeline, and dust off her perfectly manicured hands when it was all done.

They arrived at the correct room at the very end of the corridor and although neither had said a word, they both hesitated in opening the door.

Honey stared up at the door plaque with trepidation settling into her bones, feet plastered to the floor.

13b. The irony of the unlucky number wasn't lost on her.

They knew they shouldn't be away from the others for too long less they cause some type of chaos they'd have to pick up the pieces for. Not to mention the world was going to end in a matter of hours, if not an hour or even less.

They both knew they had to make this quick like ripping off a bandaid - get it over with. But the Handler had a special gift at manipulating situations to go her way by pulling strings that you didn't even know were there.

"You don't have to be here, you know." He told her quietly, glancing her way as they stopped in front of the door.

"Neither do you." She told him. Honey's expression was tense, her jaw clenched, her shoulders rigid and her sleeves bundled over her hands.

He couldn't quite gather if she was doing it for comfort or to hide the trembling in her fingers.

(She was doing it for both.)

She swallowed and averted her gaze to the floor. She was glad she had her switch blade still tucked into the back of her waistband.

Before she knew it Five was reaching for the door handle and letting himself in. She followed, trying to ignore the fast tempo of her heart fighting to escape her ribcage.

"Ah, how wonderful. I get the pleasure of both of your companies."

Her sickly sweet voice had Honey tensing and hesitating when shutting the door behind her.

She let Five step further into the centre of the lavish room. The giant bed in the centre, the royal red curtains, the satin sheets and cushions and her lounging on her side across the mattress, her silky emerald dress falling across her calves. Her heels were shiny black, her silver hair curled falling across her jaw, tucked behind one ear. Her ruby red lips were curled into a sharp smile, sharks eyes fixed on Five first.

As she softly clicked the door shut behind her, they darted to pin Honey to the spot.

"Honey, my darling," she greeted as though nothing had ever gone on between them and they were old friends. "You look tired."