23

When they sat in the car on the way to the station, it was mostly silent, but Honey could feel eyes on her and knew Allison and Diego were curious about her sudden appearance.
Diego and Five argued about who was going in the station to get the file and Honey zoned out, growing extraordinarily tired.

They found out Harold was actually Leonard Peabody, whom Honey had no idea about until Allison explained it was their sister Vanya's new boyfriend.

To which she had muttered, "it's always the quiet ones." (Which would turn out being far closer to the truth in hindsight than she'd ever realise.)

The journey to this Harold Jenkins' Lodge was spent in half silence, half absent questioning.

Honey had drifted in and out of sleep, body weighed down by exhaustion both physical and mental.

At one point she had heard Diego (or what she assumed was him) switch on the radio that blasted some random guitar solo from an eighties song, which must have jostled her awake slightly because the next moment it was switched off.

"Hey, I like that song!"

"Keep it down." Five had shot back lowly. Then, softer, added, "let her sleep."

There was silence after that and vaguely Honey felt eyes on her before she must have drifted off again. Her dreams weren't entirely pleasant, leaving her flinching awake feeling like her skin was burning, but she was glad that if anyone noticed they didn't mention it. (Or maybe they did but she was so clocked out she didn't notice.)

When a cold hand shook her shoulder Honey jolted awake in a panic, breath hitching in her throat like a razorblade getting lodged there, and without realising she had flinched back against the door she was curled up against.

When her eyes met Allison's apologetic face peering across at her, she let out a slow breath she had held and lost the tension in her body.

"Uh, sorry," the woman looked concerned, drawing her hand back. "But we're here."

Honey swallowed thickly, averting her gaze, realising the car had stopped. Thick, towering green trees surrounded them and she shakily left the car, feeling a pair of eyes on her as she shut the door.

She met eyes with Five but swiftly averted them to the floor.

They scanned the outside of the lodge, finding no car in wait and no sign of life from the outside. They all stood on the porch, Honey hanging at the back due to her sore leg and having to lean on the wooden rail for support.

Five placed a hand on the small of her back and in a dizzying blink they left the others, now standing inside the cozy, strange looking home. They had left Diego outside, and Allison had already found a back entrance to try.

"You okay?" He took the opportunity to ask in the brief moment they could be alone.

Honey was surprised by the softness of his voice and stared at him for a moment.

"Yeah," she swallowed, shifting her weight to her other leg. "Fine."

"Really?"

Before she could respond, glass shattered to the other side of the room and they both span to see Diego fall through the door to the floor.

At that moment Allison walked into the room, hands on her hips at the sight.

Honey almost laughed as he picked himself up, groaning.

Five gave Honey a look before heading to the door, trying the handle. It opened easily and he bit back a grin.

"You know the door was unlocked?"