Chapter 13: At The Edge

"We don't know what to expect, we can't say anything at the moment, her condition is not getting any better nor it is getting any bad"

"How is that possible?" Kiko questioned

"We're not sure, she's not concious and her mind is in another stated where's she is-"

"Y'know you shouldn't call yourself doctors!" She yelled.

"Kiko! That's enough" Hasegawa yelled "sorry about her, thank you for everything you have done" she bow and took kiko away.

"I'm sorry, I didn't meant to do that" she cried "stop crying, we haven't lost her yet!"

"You heard what the doctor said!" Asura spoke "it's our fault for being so weak! Only if we haven't been held hostage!" She clench her fist in anger.

"Have you informed the others?"

"Yes, Draken said something had happened to Shinichiro, I'm not sure but him and Mahiru's condition are similar"

"What happened?" Mikey spoke looking a body covered by a white cloth.

Emma was crying the whole time, Mikey was confused "we waited for 2 hours, they told us his condition was very crucial and that it will take some time" she spoke.

"Shinichiro-" Draken stated looking at the body, "why? How!" Mikey was silent, he didn't said a word and stared at his unconscious body.

"What about Mahiru?" He spoke.

"She's still hospitalized, the doctor said she needed some time to recover her mental health"

"I don't wanna lose both of them kenchin" he clenched his fist, looking at his sister crying he went to comfort her.

"They will be alright, stop crying Emma" atleast one of them should" they stayed at the hospital but the doctor told them to go home and come back tomorrow.

"Now wake up!"

I suddenly opened my eye, covered in sweat, I heart something beeping beside me, I tried to sit up but my body ache.

"Hello?" I called panicking.

"You're up! That's a miracle" one nurse showed up surprised and then ran back maybe to get the doctor.

The doctor came and immediately told me to lay down, he did some check up and stuff I was confused.

"What happened?"

"You've been unconscious for 5 days, your friends are continuously visiting you, I don't know what happened to you but you got stabbed by a sharp object"

"I don't remember-" I face palm myself trying to think, suddenly a memory flashed back in my mind, I remember getting stabbed by Akemi and everything else that happened.

"Your friends will be here anytime, you should rest up. It's amazing how your wounds are healing so quickly" they left, I started thinking about the stuff I had seen, I bet it was just a dream, Shinichiro is probably at home minding his own business.

I closed my eyes resting up, my wounds? I look down and it was already halfway healed 'how is this possible?' I didn't thought much and stayed like that.

"What?"

"We did all we could, but the patient was already in a crucial state we thought he can survive but-"

"Say no more. We get it" Emma started to cry covering her mouth, she was heartbroken and devastated.

"Dammit!" Draken punched the wall in anger, Mikey helped Emma when he was already suffering

"It's Hasegawa" Draken's phone ran, he pick it up and started talking "yes, I'll inform him" he hung up.

"Mahiru, she woke up"

"Now?"

"Yes" Mikey asked Draken to take care of Emma and he ran out of the hospital as fast as possible.

Meanwhile

"Mahiru!!" Kiko ran towards her crying, she hugged her but not too tightly.

"I was so scared we might lose you" she cried continuously, Mahiru softly smiled patting her head "it's okay, you can't get rid of me that easily, Hasegawa thank you" everyone hugged her.

"We missed you" they smiled glad that they got her back, Hasegawa explained what had happened.

After a while, everyone had left because the doctor told them to give Mahiru some space to proceed what had happened, she was reading the manga they gaved her

She look out the window "I don't want that to be true" she sigh closing her eyes but got startled when someone forced open the door, she put her hand on her chest breathing.

It was Mikey, he was breathing from fatigue, "What the he-" he came closer and suddenly hugged me, I was shocked but I could hear his heart beating very fast.

"Mikey-" I called but he didn't broke the hug,.I could tell he was crying "what's wrong?" I slowly hugged him back, he was broken and empty inside.

"Mahiru, Shinichiro-kun he-" I widen my eyes knowing what he meant, I patted his head trying to calm him down.

"Please stop crying, it wasn't your fault" he stayed like that for 5 more minutes.

After he calm down we talked, he told me how Shinichiro was injured, they didn't know what had happened but he was in out of house saying he has to visit his friend but since that day he was no where to be found.

But after 4 days someone spotted him at a ground under the pouring rain, since then he was hospitalized and barely breathing.

Mikey and the other only found out when someone from the hospital recognised him.

"I don't know who did it, and who was that but I'm gonna kill him" his anger grew, he was mad and upset at the same time knowing he won't be able to see him again.

"What I saw, was that real?" I started thinking if I had really met him or not, but at same time I was mourning for him.

"It's okay Mikey, I'll help you" I looked at him with the same bored face but it seemed like he saw something else.

"Are you okay Mahiru? How is your wound?"

"It's fine, I'm fine" I smiled trying not to trigger him "him?"

"You should go home and take care of your family, help them and be with them, I'll meet you again when I'm dispatch from the hospital"

We bid our farewell knowing he will be busy with the things going on inside his house, the sorrow his family must have felt and how to say good bye to his brother.