Chapter 7: Family

After a while, Shinichiro looked at the time and saw it was already 7:20, he got anxious thinking she wouldn't come.

"Onii-chan, isn't your friend coming?"

"Hmm I'm not sure" he sounded worried, just then there was a knock on the door.

"Shinichiro-san, I'm here"

"She's here" he got up and went to open the door, Mikey tagged along.

He opened the door with a smile but his smile dropped seeing her all bruised up.

"What happened Mahiru?" He asked all worried.

"Hm? Oh this, met some people along the way" I awkwardly smiled, Shinichiro and I met during my training for the tournament.

_________

I was exausted from my training and fell on the ground, they made me train for 10 hours a day almost killing me.

I almost passed out due to dehydration but there was Shinichiro who helped me, he kneel down giving me his water to drink.

"I've been seeing you a lot here" he said and sat down, I was still panting.

"Who knew my life is going to be like this?"

"What's your name?"

"Asano Mahiru"

"Are you Haruki's child?"

"Yep. Unfortunately adopted" I got up patting myself, "if they see me slacking off, I'll get 2 hours of jumping Jack and pushup, thank you big brother" I bow handing him back the water bottle and continued my run.

Evey since that day we would met during my run and he would give me food I wasn't allowed to eat during my trail.

But when my father found that out he immediately stopped it and scolded him.

"Hello, grandfather" I said and bow greeting, behind him suddenly came Mikey, he looked shocked and so was I

"Mahiru!!!" He yelled.

"You two know eachother?" Shinichiro was confused.

"Yeah, I didn't know he was your brother" I said looking at Shinichiro, "yeah I'm not sure why"

"Maybe this idiot didn't told you his real name is Manjiro Sano!" There came a girl with blonde hair hitting Mikey on the head.

"Hey Emma, you've grown so much since the last time we met" I said while smiling.

"How are ya Mahiru, come in" we got in as I sat on the wooden floor with everyone, Shinichiro was kind enough to give me a glass of water, while Mikey was still staring at me in confusion.

"How?"

"What how?"

"It's so weird! you know my brother and sister but why did you meet me so late?"

"I dunno"

"Oi Mikey, don't bother her! She's already tired"

"So, Mahiru how have you been?" Grandpa asked.

"I've been fine I guess, living alone is better then I expected"

"Shinichiro was the one you mentioned who gaved you the appartment?" Mikey spoke again, Shinichiro got pissed and carried him out of the room "go to the kitchen and bring something to eat"

I walk to the hall where they were talking, "I bought this for you" I said handing the plastic bag to Mikey, he got happy seeing the Dorayaki and went away.

"Sorry about that"

"It's okay, it's nice having him around" I smiled.

"Do you wanna wash up?" Shinichiro asked looking at my bruised and dirty face, I hesitated but he was so kind I couldn't say no.

Emma helped me with the stuff and gaved me new clothes, I said no but she insisted.

"You can take it" she and I were in her room talking about what I should wear after the bath "oh since you don't really wear what I wear so I'll try finding something else" I suddenly had a weird flashback.

"Ruru-chan, you can have my gloves, if it doesn't fit then I'll find something else" (in a kid's voice) but I didn't recognise the voice.

"Mahiru, here" she handed me a black t-shirt and half pants since it was hot these days "water is already warm"

I went to take a bath and came back feeling fresh, my wounds were bright red and it still hurts but I didn't felt anything

As I opened the door to the kitchen I saw the table was set and there was everyone present Mikey, Emma, Grandpa and Shinichiro who was holding a plate.

"Mahiru, Come sit food will be served in a minute, Emma and Mikey really helped preparing this" I awkwardly went and sat beside Emma and Mikey.

"Thank you" I recieved my food in a bowl, and chopsticks, I took it and started eating like everyone else, just when I took my first bite I had a feeling of happiness.

I look down as my tears suddenly started to fall nonstop, why? This is so embrassing.

"Ma-Mahiru?" Emma was shocked so was everyone else.

"This is so good, I'm so happy" I replied in middle of chewing with tears still falling.

Shinichiro smiled, he knew how long it has been I haven't had a taste of fresh homemade food made with love.

"We're glad" he smiled offering more dishes.

"Thank you so much" I felt like I was loved again, I didn't want to end this feeling but I don't belong here either.

Shinichiro's pov

When Mahiru suddenly started crying I thought it was the food, is it bad? She mumbles "this is so good" I've never seen her cry like this.

Having her here with us tonight was a big win, she was lonely inside, even her parents dosent take care of her after the adoption.

"Try some more" I smiled offering her the dishes, I could see how happy she was which made me happy.

"Thank you so much for having me tonight" I said sitting with Shinichiro on their backyard looking at the moon

"It was a pleasure having you"

"Oi Mahiru, let's play" Mikey yell as I saw a ball was about to hit me, I quickly stopped and balanced it on top of my foot.

"Here" I said kicking it towards him, Emma and Shinichiro were watching us play.

"I don't want this to end"