A week before christmas

Tomiokas pov:

I was sitting in my empty bedroom, journeying my thoughts when I heard a knock at my door.

I opened it and saw sanemi shinazugawa. He was coming over often to check on me since we met my parents.

I can't believe I broke down in front of him, I was so weak.

'H-hi..?' I questioned with my head tilted. 'I was wondering if you wanted to come to a Christmas party at my apartment the night before Christmas, it's like a thing I do every year with my friends!' Sanemi said, and I looked down.

While I was pondering, he petted my head.

As if I was a fucking dog.

'H-hey!' I shrieked and jumped back. 'My bad, your hair just looks so pretty loose,' sanemi said, and I felt my face hearing up.

'S-shut up! And how many people are going to the party thing?' I asked, and he started counting his fingers, naming people off.

'Uh like- like... eleven people?' He said, and I felt my body tense.

'Uh - maybe not..' I muttered and looked to the side.

'Why - you'll just be with me anyways, you and iguro also got along pretty well! Same thing with inosuke and Aoi!' He said, and I thought about it a bit more.

'Hm.. fine,' I said and stepped aside. 'Want to come in?' I asked, and he happily obliged.

'Can I braid your hair? I was practicing a lot!' Sanemi said, and I nodded. 'Your hair is so long and pretty! You should totally keep it down more often,' sanemi said, and I shrugged.

'Are you not much of a talker?' He asked.

'I just don't know what to talk about.' I replied, and he smiled. 'What is your favorite color?' He asked. I looked around the room and faced him. 'Purple..' I muttered as I looked into his eyes.

'I swear you've asked me this question before,' I said, and he shrugged. 'Maybe, well- mine is blue,' he said and finished braiding my hair.

'Ta-Da!' He said, and I looked at my hair. He put little red poinsettias in my braid. 'Woah- they are pretty,' I said and looked at myself in my mirror.

'I know, right! I saw a pretty lady with flowers in her hair on insta, and I wanted to copy the idea. You really make it look great!' Sanemi said, and I blushed again.

I could not be catching feelings.. after all- he probably isn't gay.

'Uh- yeah,' I said, and he looked around.

'You should really play a song on your guitar for me,' he said, and I looked at him confused.

'How'd you know I play?' I asked, and he shrugged. 'I saw it when I turned your music down. You were sleeping in my apartment,' he said.

'When I was sick.. right?' I asked, and he looked at me.

'Noooo- after we rode dinosaurs and met Jesus!' He said sarcastically.

'Okay, okay- jeez,' I muttered. His face lit up with an idea.

'I still don't have my apartment decorated - want to help?' He asked, and I nodded.

My apartment wasn't decorated either.

'Okay, let's go,' he said and grabbed my hand. I felt a bit more comfortable with him touching me now.
'Mhm,' I hummed in response. We walked inside of his apartment, and it was warm and cozy.. unlike my apartment.

'Oh shit- we have to go to the store,' he said and pulled me out of the door. 'Oh- okay then.' I said and laughed.

I didn't like the sound of my voice or my laughter, but sanemi seemed to like it since he smiled warmly at me. I usually felt alone on the holidays, but he was making me feel... feel something - anything.