I

My alarm blared causing me to groan and quickly turn it off. I hated getting up this early, but that's the life I chose when I went into law.

I sighed as I sat up in the bed, stretching my limbs as I tried to shake the sleepiness off. I got out of the bed once I was ready and trekked over to my bathroom, flicking the lights on as I looked at myself in the mirror. I adjusted my scarf before turning the sink water on to do my skin routine and brush my teeth.

Fifteen minutes later I was stepping into the shower, steam enveloping my body as the hot water rained down on me. I sighed at the feeling, loving the warmth of the water before washing myself thoroughly for a good twenty minutes before stepping out and wrapping myself in a soft towel.

I went back into my bedroom and walked straight to my closet, taking out the red suit I picked up from the cleaners yesterday. I set it on the bed along with my undergarments before sitting down and lathering myself with oils and lotions. After that I got dressed and went to the bathroom to fix my hair.

I simply unwrapped it from the scarf, letting it fall down to my shoulders. I fixed my part a little after taking out my flexi rods, letting the curls from the night before loose. I put on some red lipstick to match my suit before walking out and grabbing my bag. I slipped my black heels on and walked out of my room to my front door.

As I headed outside I saw my driver, Beyoncé, leaning against the car as she waited for me. I rolled my eyes at her attire, after two years of working for me she still insisted on dressing down in some baggy sweats and a long sleeve shirt.

"How many times do I have to tell you to dress nicely?" I asked as I approached the car. She looked up and gave me a lopsided smile as she opened the door for me.

"Buy me the clothes you want me to wear and I will." She said making me roll my eyes as she helped me into the car.

"Girl boo, I am not your mother." I said as I got settled in the backseat. She simply shook her head with a laugh as she closed the door and got into the driver's seat.

"Straight to the office?" She asked. Her southern accent on full display.

"Yes. I have somewhere to be at twelve so don't be late." I said as she started the journey to my firm.

"Now Rinny when have I ever been late picking you up? That would mess my check up." She said with a laugh as I rolled my eyes again at the nickname she gave me.

"Beyoncé seriously, lose the nickname already." I said with a sigh.

"You right. My bad Ms. Clark." She said putting emphasis on the 'K' at the end of my name.

"God you're insufferable." I said as I took my phone out of my purse.

"But you still ain't fired me so I guess Ian that bad huh?" She replied as we pulled up to my office building.

She stopped the car and got out, opening the door for me and helping me out of the car. Once I was out she handed me my briefcase and closed the door.

"See you at noon Ms. Clark." She said as I walked into the building. I waved to her with an eyeroll as I ventured through the building to get to my office.

As soon as I walked in I was bombarded with files and new cases from each direction. I just took everything that was handed to me and started my work.

Time flew by quicker than I expected causing me to rush out the building. At first glance I didn't see Beyoncé which made me upset but I soon saw another driver with my car making me frown.

"Hello Ms. Clark. My name is Bryson and I'll be taking you to your meeting this afternoon." The young man said with a smile. He was dressed in a suit and dress shoes but I was wondering where Beyoncé had gone.

I simply nodded and allowed him to help me into the car before driving me to my destination. I got to my meeting right in the nick of time and by the time it was over I still hadn't heard from Beyoncé. I didn't think it would bother me this much but it did. After two years of working with her she never missed a day and was never late.

Though her attire was awful in my opinion that didn't negate from the fact that she was an excellent driver and extremely dependable. I brushed it off, figuring she would be here at the end of the day to pick me up, but I was wrong.

Bryson drove me home, I thanked him and went inside setting my things down. I pulled my phone out and sent Beyoncé a quick text.

B. Knowles: I don't appreciate you disappearing on me. You better be here tomorrow.

The message delivered so I set my phone down, thinking she would respond to me eventually but that never came.

~~~~~~
my turn for a BeyRinda book ☺️