1. The Cupboard Under The Stairs

I woke up to the sound of Aunt Petunia banging on the cupboard door, but today it sounded more urgent than usual, that was probably because it was our cousin Dudley's eleventh birthday. I don't think there's anyone I hate more than him. I don't see what Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia think is so special about him. Maybe it's just because he's their son and you're meant to love your kids no matter how awful they may seem. I sometimes wonder if my parents loved me and Harry like the Dursley's love Dudley. But I guess i'll never know, it's not like you can go back in time to bring someone back from the dead.

I was awoken from my thoughts by Aunt Petunia banging on the door again.
"UP. GET UP," more banging. "NOW" then I heard her footsteps retreat back into the kitchen. I leaned over and poked Harry's face until he woke up and I passed him his glasses. It didn't take much for me to lean over to him though, we were getting much too big to share this tiny cupboard, I hated it. I needed my own space when I slept, I love my brother but sleeping this close to him is starting to feel weird because we're almost eleven now. For mine and Harry's birthday in eight days we're going to ask if we can have Dudley's second bedroom. He doesn't use it but I think Uncle Vernon will say no because he likes to put us through as much discomfort as possible. I hate him, I wish someone would just come and take us away to a magical land.

"Morning." Harry said groggily as he turned the light on. Before I could respond, a bunch of dust and spiders fell from the ceiling as Dudley was doing his morning ritual of jumping on the stairs above the cupboard to piss us off. 

"Wake up losers! We're going to the zoo" and he ran down the stairs giggling like a toddler and shoved Harry back into the cupboard as he tried to leave. I just rolled my eyes at Harry for being pushed down so easily and not pushing back before sliding myself past him and shoving Dudley back for once, making him stumble forward. He turned around and pushed me to the floor. He was much stronger than me, I was surprised at myself for actually making him stumble honestly, I barely touched him.

He just laughed at me and pranced into the kitchen whilst Harry pulled me up, rubbing the back of his own head where he got shoved into one of the shelves in the cupboard. 

"Here he comes! The birthday boy! Aunt Petunia said proudly.

"Happy birthday son." 

Me and Harry walked into the kitchen together in our extremely oversized clothes. I was greeted with Uncle Vernon demanding me to get his morning coffee, I turned to Harry to see if he wanted to do it but he was already preoccupied with cooking Dudley's three portions of bacon.

"I want everything to be perfect for my Dudley's special day!" Aunt Petunia said so enthusiastically I thought she was going to have a seizure as she covered Dudley's eyes and led him over to his mountain of presents in the corner.

"Aren't they wonderful darling?" I'm pretty sure Aunt Petunia was more excited about his presents than Dudley was.

"How many are there?" Dudley shouted. I don't understand how he could be so ungrateful. Me and Harry were going to be lucky if we got a pair of socks.

"Thirty six! Counted them myself" Uncle Vernon said proudly.

"Thirty six?" But last year, last year I had thirty seven!" Dudley shouted so loud I jumped. Well that woke me up. Even after Dudley's outburst Aunt Petunia was still smiling widely at him as if he didn't just almost deafen her.

"Well some of them are quite a bit bigger than last year." Uncle Vernon chuckled worriedly, not wanting to upset his 'perfect' boy on his special day.

"I don't care how big they are!"

"Now now now now now this is what we're going to do. When we go out, we're going to buy you two new presents. How's that pumpkin?" Aunt Petunia seemed to have satisfied him with the promise of two more presents so he settled down. I saw Harry roll his eyes at Aunt Petunia so I did the same.