26

A week later

Kanak stood in front of Daksh, her head lowered and her hair in disarray. She glanced at the girl standing beside her.

"Sir, I brought her here because she is your sister. She doesn't even take classes in this building yet she still gets into fights with the freshers," a female professor said in a stern tone.

Daksh glared at Kanak, then at the girl whose lips were bleeding.

"Where were you when you had class with me?" he asked.

"I wasn't in the mood to listen to your lecture," Kanak replied, her desire to pull the girl's hair evident.

"Ma'am, can you leave?" Daksh asked. The professor met Daksh's eyes and slowly nodded her head.

"I would have taken this matter to the dean, but since she is your sister, I brought her here. Sir, please make her understand, she fights a lot and has an aggressive nature," the professor finished, about to leave. However, Kanak had something else on her mind.

"Such a bitch," Kanak mumbled. The professor turned around with wide eyes.

"Ms. Kanak, did you just call me that?" she asked.

"I did. Because you are a bitch. who was giving twinkle eyes to another professor," Kanak spat, combing her hair with her fingers.

Daksh turned Kanak towards himself, his glare filled with anger.

"Apologize right now, Kanak," Daksh said, but she shook her head.

"I did get into a fight, but I wasn't alone. We were a group, and we all decided to have some fun. But she dragged me into it alone."

"Ms. Kanak, I brought you here because your brother works here. The others will be reported to the dean and will be suspended. And I give twinkle eyes to my husband, not to others. What I do is none of your business," the professor said, pointing her finger at Kanak.

Kanak glared down at her finger, wanting to twist it hard. She couldn't resist any longer and twisted the professor's finger. Daksh immediately grabbed Kanak's hand, shock written all over his face.

"Sir..."

"Ma'am, I'm so sorry. I will talk to her," Daksh said. The professor nodded her head and left the cabin.

Daksh shifted his gaze to the other girl, who appeared to be younger.

"Are you a first-year undergraduate?" Daksh inquired, to which she nodded.

"What did she make you do?" the girl replied, looking down in embarrassment.

"She asked me to sing in a cat voice, but I didn't know what that meant," she explained. "Then when I couldn't do that, she told me to do a chicken dance, which I also didn't know."

"Did she say anything else?" Daksh asked, aware that Kanak was just trying to make fun of the new girl.

"She made me do sit-ups because I couldn't do the other two things," the girl replied.

"Alright, so you can make her do these things on the college ground, right? Kanak, let's go to class," Daksh said as he walked out of the room. The girl followed him, sensing something was amiss. Kanak quickly dialed Ayaan's number for help.

"Hello, what's wrong?" Ayaan asked.

"Ayaan, I'm in trouble. Please save me, I'll be grateful forever. I'll call you 'bhaiya' and explain everything at home. I have a bad feeling. Please come quickly," Kanak pleaded before hanging up.

She took a deep breath and ran in Daksh's direction.

"Why is she going to our class?" Kanak whispered. Daksh remained silent. It took them a few minutes to reach their respective floor.