Actual marriage M.S.

(Matt POV)

I walked into the house and put my keys in the 'key bowl'. I looked over to the living room and saw Mace sitting there sipping on a cup of coffee.

"What're you doing awake?" I grumbled, kissing her head as I passed by.

"I gotta leave by 5:30 and it's already 5:15." I whipped my head towards our clock and raised my eyebrows. Nick, Chris, and I spent all night filming I guess.

"Shit. Didn't notice the time. Sorry." She smiled and looked up at me.

"Don't be. At least I got to see you before I go."

She got up and poured the rest of her coffee into the sink and rinsed out her cup. I waited by the arch that connected our kitchen and living room. I leaned against the wall and watched as she made sure everything was in place.

"You're pretty." I said, catching her attention.

"You've said." She smirked. She ran over, wrapping her arms around my chest. I laughed a little and hugged her back.

"Ok, I gotta go." She said, pushinge off. She grabbed her keys, waving as she walked out.

.
.
.
.

"Ride's going pretty smooth."

I had called her once I woke up from my sleep. She was on a trip to Utah for a family thing. I could tell she was already tired.

"How long have you been driving?" I already knew, but these pointless questions could hopefully keep her awake.

"Fuck if I know. Uhhhhh, I think 7 hours?"

"Jesus. How much longer is the drive?"

"Only another hour or so."

"Have you stopped at all yet?"

"Nope. I wanted to make it one simple trip."

I groaned when she told me that.

"You're going to wreck! I can't have you dying on me, we made that promise in kindergarten when we got married. Young to old." I teased.

"Oh my God I completely forgot about that. When will you let that go?!" She laughed.

"I'm just saying!" I laughed as well. There was a small moment of comfortable silence.

"If you really wanted to fulfill that promise, you'd put a ring on it-"

"Oh my God-!"

"I'm just saying!" She teased back.

"We have been together for 6 years." I mumbled.

"Well, if you want to go all the way back to kindergarten.."

"I don't. That was a horrid era of my life. Never again." She giggled.

"Kindergarten you was smarter than you are now! He bagged me when he could. Now you're just being a wuss."

"Well I don't see you making any moves either!"

"Because I'm a pussy! That's your job!"

I rolled my eyes, even though she can't see. I looked at my dresser. That's where I kept the actual ring. I planned on doing it a week ago but then chickened out. Now it just sits there collecting dust.

"Ok, this is the bad reception spot. Gotta go before my phone starts buzzing out."

"Alright. Call me when you get there."