Blue hair M.S

2010

"I think I might dye my hair. I'm not sure though."

My best friend of 7 years spoke.

"Go for it! What color do you want to dye it?" I asked excitedly.

"Probably blue. It's my favorite color." She said simply. I nodded, paying attention to the teacher.

2011

Riley was in the bathroom for a while now. Maybe 45 minutes? I was starting to worry. That was, until the door opened. It wasn't the same blonde haired girl I knew, but blue. Everyone was in shock, no one ever dared to do anything remotely close to bad in school, let alone dye your hair?! She took her seat next to me, smiling widely.

"What the hell did you do?!" I whispered. Her smile only grew.

"A fifth grader offered to dye my hair for me in the bathroom! So I said yes!"

"You're gonna get in trouble!"

"You only get in trouble if you get caught." She put her attention on the teacher, ignoring me the rest of the day.

2012

It had became a whole thing to dye hair in the bathroom now. It was practically a business in there. Riley loved her blue hair, dying it everytime it got ever so slightly greenish.

"Ri, you're going to ruin your hair." I said as we walked out of the cafeteria. We never ate there, instead, we ate outside at the playground.

"It's my hair, who gives a shit!" She ran as we made it outside.

"I give a shit! I loved your blonde hair! It was beautiful!" I exclaimed as I chased her, almost dropping my food. She never ate school lunch, she said it was disgusting. Which, I can agree.

"At least now I'm not a dumb blonde! Now, I'm an idiot Smurf!" She ran up the slide, climbing on top of the playset. She balanced on the railings as she went over to the monkey bars.

"Riley! You're going to get hurt! You're being stupid!" She giggled and she hung herself from the monkey bars.

"You live one life Matthew. Why be a grump?"

2013

We all sprayed each other with our water guns and ran around endlessly. It was our last day of fifth grade. I protected Riley as she rang out the dye falling from her hair.

"Uh oh!" She exclaimed, looking at her white shirt. It was dyed blue. She just shrugged, taking in some blue water from the ground. She smirked at me, nodding to my brothers. I took in some of the blue water too, chasing them with her.

"C'mere losers!" She screamed as we chased them. Chris hit me as hard as he could in the stomach with the water, leaving Riley to fend for herself. The battle lasted a while, but she did end up getting their shirts blue in the end.

"Yo Riley! Could you dye my shirt?" A random guy asked.

"Same here!"

"Me too!"

She smiled at me, sneakily dropping her blue hair in a water bin. Everyone got some dye and sprayed each other. The teachers eventually noticed and yelled at us, but Riley didn't care.

2014

"Hey Matt!" Riley said as she sat next to me. I sent a small smile, messing with my fingers. She noticed and took my hand. I made a confused face.