Settle Down With Me 🥀 🥵

"Thanks for dinner, Darry! See you all later." I called to the kitchen.

"Nice meeting you, Y/N!" Everyone called. You, Pony and Soda stepped out of the house. Soda offered you a ride back, and Pony wanted to come with you. It was pretty silent on the way to your house, other than you giving directions to Soda. You and Pony were sitting in the back. 

Pony turned to look at you. "You're really pretty, you know that?" He said. You blushed. "You're not so bad yourself." He smiled and wrapped his arm around your shoulder. "I know we just met and everything, but it feels like you're apart of the gang now. So I'm going to ask you something, and I want you to do whatever makes you comfortable." He told you. You turned red and your eyes widened. "Y/N, will you be my girlfriend?" You looked into his green eyes and beamed. You squealed and jumped into his arms, and he wrapped them around you, making a tight hug. Soda said "Yes!" from the front seat. "So the gang knew?" I asked him. "Yeah, I told them my plans and that I liked you. They all like you, too." You smiled and rested your head on his shoulder.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

We heard the sirens before we turned the corner to my house. I figured it was the neighbours, they're always throwing parties late. But when I saw that it was my house that was crowded with police and ambulances, I started freaking out. I shot up out of my seat, and told Soda to stop driving.

Soda, Ponyboy and I quickly rushed out of the car. I already had tears pouring down my face. I ran to an officer standing outside the yellow caution tape. 

"Hello, hi? What's going on?" I asked him. He looked at me.

"Are you Y/N L/N?" He asked me. I nodded quickly as more tears poured from my eyes. The house wasn't burning down, no broken glass anywhere. Ma was nowhere in sight. That could only mean one thing.

The officer removed his hat. "Y/N, I regret to tell you that as of 18:09, your Ma was found dead in the bathroom, of suicide." My whole world stopped. My head got heavy, and I couldn't breathe. Ponyboy was standing beside you, and Soda was behind. Heavy tears poured down your face, you sobbing uncontrollably.

"No! Please let me see her. I need to see her." You sobbed.

The officer shook her head. "I can't let that happen, ma'am. I'm sorry for your loss." You began sobbing even harder. You kicked the side of the curb over and over again, and then sank to your knees. You hugged your knees to your chest. Pony sank down beside you. You looked at him, and his eyes were filled with tears as well. He hugged you, and you started crying. An officer approached you.

"Y/N? I was asked to inform you to gather your belongings. Here is a form, you are old enough to live where you please. Please have it signed by the people you will be living with." You just shook your head. You tried to give the form back.

"I ain't got no one else, officer." You told him. But Ponyboy took the form from your hand and said "thank you, officer."

He looked at the form. "I'll bring this home to Darry. You can stay with us, Y/N." Your eyes filled with tears. "No, Pony. I can't ask that much of you." He looked at you and smiled. "You didn't ask." 

I left my house with 3 suitcases of belongings. Soda helped me load everything into the back of his truck. You hopped in with Ponyboy, and a couple tears leaked out of your eyes. Ponyboy used his thumb to wipe them away. You fell asleep on his shoulder.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

It was all settled. I would be living with the Curtis' from now on. Me and Ponyboy would share a room, Soda moved into the guest room. They had another closet installed to fit all of my stuff. 

"Dang, what do you do with that many clothes?" Dally had asked me when I came back to the house. 

I inherited all of Ma's money, but it wasn't that much. I gave it all to Darry to pay for my rent, even though he told me not to bother. I told him not to be stupid, he could barely pay for Pony, Soda and himself, and that I didn't know how he was going to pay for another kid.

That night, we all watched a couple episodes of yellowstone. Everyone started leaving around 2 in the morning, and Ponyboy and I went off to bed. I quickly changed into some PJ's, and Pony changed in the bathroom. I was taking off my makeup when he settled into bed. I could tell he was staring at me. I threw out my makeup wipe, and crawled into bed next to him. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer. He planted a small kiss on my forehead, then on my nose. His other arm was stroking my hair out of my face. It was a couple seconds later when I felt his lips on mine. I froze, not knowing what was happening. But when I realized, I eased into it and kissed back. His hand found the back of my head, while my hand cupped his cheek. The kiss quickly got more passionate as his hands moved down to my waist. 

I could feel his bulge poking against me. I began to grind against him, and he let out a small moan. That's when I stopped.

"Pony, I-I can't do this. Not with what happened today. I'm sorry." I said, disappointed. He just smiled. 

"It's OK. I don't really want to either. I want to make it special when we do." He replied. You smiled and thanked him. He placed a small kiss on your lips, and you guys both fell asleep in each other's arms.