14

"You're engaged!?" asked Adrian very loudly as the two walked into the train. Y/n made a face and looked at him, narrowing her eyebrows.

"Shush!" she said looking around.

"You're about be sixteen, you can't be bloody engaged." said Adrian, who was very unpleased.

"Well, take it up with my parents." said Y/n fixing her robes. Adrian made a face, rolling his eyes. "I mean. . . it was going to happened. We all knew this, we all know my parents were going to have me marry a rich pureblood heir. Luckily, it was my boyfriend."

"It's unbelievable!" said Adrian.

"What's unbelievable?" asked Benjamin. Adrian turned to look at him, shaking his head and walking ahead of them. "What's the matter with him?"

"Found out we're getting married in two years." chuckled Y/n.

"Oh." said Benjamin nodding his head. "Well, nothing we can really do."

"Yeah. . ." said Y/n turning back to Adrian.

"Come on, miss prefect." smiled Benjamin pulling her and Adrian into the prefect compartment.

———

Miles and Graham were walking together when Gemma Farley smiled, running into them. "Hi boys." said Gemma.

"Hey." said Miles.

"Hi Farley." said Graham with a smile, standing up straight. Miles snorted, looking around.

"No Y/n?" asked Gemma.

"She's off being a prefect, you know." said Miles.

"Oh no way, really! I knew she was worrying about that, good for her." said Gemma.

"Yeah— thanks! I mean— i'm sure she's thankful— you know?" stuttered Graham. Miles turned to look at him, making a face. Gemma chuckled, nodding her head and walking past them.

"Goodness, that was embarrassing." said Miles. Graham groaned, pushing Miles.

"I just can't talk to her!" said Graham. They entered an empty compartment, setting their things down. "I don't know why it's so hard. I choke every time she's near."

"You just fancy her, mate." chuckled Miles. "It happens."

The door opened, Fred Weasley standing there looking at the two boys. "Do you need something?" asked Graham narrowing his eyebrows.

"Where's Malfoy?" asked Fred.

"Why do you want her?" asked Graham tilting his head. Miles looked at Fred with wide eyes. Fred opened his mouth, closing it quickly after.

"She's probably with her boyfriend somewhere being a prefect." said Miles.

"So, she did become a prefect." said Fred to himself. He closed the door behind him causing Miles and Graham to look at each other.

"What is up with him?" asked Graham.

"He's been awfully nice to Y/n these past encounters we've had with him. It's strange." said Miles. The door opened once again, Y/n and Adrian entering with Benjamin.

"Ohh welcome back, Prefects. How was it?" asked Graham.

"Exciting!" said Y/n with a smile.

"Boring." said Adrian. Y/n rolled her eyes, taking a seat. Benjamin sitting next to her. "So, what were we talking about?"

"Graham and Farley." said Miles. Graham blushed red, turning to look at Miles.

"Oohhh, what happened?" asked Y/n with a grin. Miles snorted, looking at Graham.