Chapter 7: Cortana

Chief walked out first to the main cabin and to the pilot seat. I stayed back in the room for a couple minutes, thinking. I smile as I look behind me at the bed, I started to remember couple minutes ago. I remember how he felt, how he felt touching me. I shake my head, stop it. I get up and walk out, I pause seeing Chief sitting down piloting the ship back to Reach. I smile as I look down and walk over to the co-pilot seat. Chief looked over at me and smiles sweetly at me, I smile back at him. 

    We landed on Reach at the UNSC headquarters. Solders coming running out surrounding the ship. I look at Chief "It will be fine just do what they say." Chief says looking down at me and puts his hand on my cheek and rubs it with his thumb, he smiles softly. He walks over to the door and it opens. All the solders raise their guns up at chief as two other solders come up handcuffing him and walking him down. I look out worried for Chief but I pick my self up and walk over to the door as well. Another set of solders come up to me and handcuff me as well "Ow...not so tight....geez." I snapped, Chief stopped and snapped around "Do not hurt her, if she gets hurt....I'll kill you." Chief said sternly as the two solders snapped their arms to force Chief to keep walking. I look at Chief smiling, they walk me over to Halsey "So Y/n.....you disobeyed orders and went with Chief so now you are in trouble as well..." Halsey sighed "Take her." she continued. I looked at her angry as the two solders take me to a cell. They put me into a cemented room with a big metal door and a cement shelf bed. Chief was taken to a different cell, Halsey walks in and sits down with Chief "Why did you run John?" Halsey asked. Chief just looked at her, he doesn't say anything for a couple seconds "I don't know....I saw memories." Chief said and looked away.

     Halsey's eyes widen "What? You have been seeing memories." Chief looks back at her and nods "I think so, they look like memories." he says. Halsey paused "Okay, well we have a project to rectify this problem, then you will be back where you belong and are so desperately needed." She says looking at Chief smiling "I don't need a babysitter." Chief said sternly  "This isn't a babysitter.....It's an upgrade.....it will make you more combat ready and focus." she says proudly. Chief just looks at her but doesn't say anything. She nods and walks out of the room, Shortly after Halsey shows up at my cell. I sat there not looking at her as she walks in "Why did you end up going with Chief and not coming back with the others." Halsey asked. I looked at her unamused and upset that she is talking to me "I do what Master Chief tells me to do. He told me to come with him so I did." I say to the point and then looked away from her. She smiles but annoyed "You are suppose to follow orders not follow Master Chief........." She cuts her self off while talking, I look at her questioningly "Oh my.....I know why you have been following Master Chief's orders and not UNSC's orders...." She started, I looked at her sternly "Oh you know why....then why." I state, she smiles at me cockily "You are in love with Master Chief......." She says. My eyes widen as she says in love with, I quickly turn my head towards her "I take that as a yes......Hmm......Okay..." Halsey says and walks over to the door " I'll be back...." She stated and walked out.

        After a short while, I hear the door unlock and open, standing on the other side was Master Chief "Chief!" I stated while standing up abruptly but then I saw Halsey " Cute....standing up....nice." Halsey says walking in, Chief following in behind "Well I got to go now. I got science to do, Bye." She says and walks out as soon as the door closes behind her, I ran over and jumped into Chief's arms which were out ready to catch me. I hug him tight "Geez, that was kind of scary, I've never been handcuffed like that before." I say slowly letting go as he slowly lowers me "I'm sorry this has happened, but I couldn't let them kill Kwan." Chief says looking down ashamed and sad. I put my hand on his cheek "Chief.....I'm not......I couldn't let them do that either, I wanted to follow you.....and I'll follow you anywhere....always." I say lovingly. He smiles and looks down at me " I want you to be by my side, on and off battle field." he says smiling pulling me in closer to him by my waist. I smile as I put my hands on his chest, he leans down and kisses me softly and passionately. We let go after a short second before things got heated again. 

        Master Chief and I were being led to Halsey's Lab

        Master Chief and I were being led to Halsey's Lab. We walk in and stand inches from her hologram table as she looks at the screen on the wall. Halsey turns around "Well, let's get started. Chief..." Halsey says showing the way for him to follow. I look at Halsey and Chief confused "Chief?" I whispered "What's going on?" I continued. Master Chief stopped for a second "It's okay. I'll be fine." he says and smiles lightly, he continues to walk with Halsey. I walk slowly behind them, Halsey had Chief change into a hospital gown. Chief walks over to a table and lays down, he looks over at me who looks scared. He mouthed it's okay and looked back up at the ceiling. I tried to calm down as things started, Halsey nods at Adun to start the process. An hour passes by and I see Halsey walking with a tiny disk on a grabber. I looked at her confused, she placed the tiny disk on a tray as it goes into the machine. Halsey walks over to the other side of the table facing me, she types on a tiny tablet and before I could even blink, Chief looked like he deflated like a balloon, I gasp "Chief?" I question unhappily. Halsey looks over "He is fine, he is just asleep." Halsey says, I nod. Halsey starts the machine, a tiny drill turns on and started to go towards Chief's head just above the back of the neck, I turn my head away so I don't see it. After a second I can see a blue light stream going through Chief's brain on the screen on the wall. Halsey looks around "Cortana?" she says, I turn around to face her questioningly. 

       A Hologram starts to form, little pixelated boxes started to form a lady. I looked at the hologram stunned "That thing looks like you." I say stepping back "What is that?" I questioned. Halsey smiles "This is Cortana....." Halsey started to say "Hi, I'm Cortana, I'm suppose to look familiar and have a friendly face." Cortana says. I look at her and then back at Halsey.

Thank you for reading, I'm so very happy you guys are liking this book. It means a lot to me, Anyways please like, comment and star. Until next time, BYE BYE!!!!! (: