Chapter 3: The Artifact

"Silver Team, Clear the perimeter." Chief says as he is standing there looking around. Kai is running on top of the wall as multiple Covenant warriors are firing at her, one of the covenants fired ahead of her slightly making the wall crumble causing her to fall to the ground. She rolls and hides behind a small wall as the Covenant warriors come closer slowly still shooting at her, "Team, I need covering fire, South quadrant" Kai says firmly. Chief looks over at where Kai was and sees all the Covenant warriors shooting at Kai. " Kai, hold your position" Chief says as he starts running to her position, " Any time now." Kai says. 

  I finally found a weapon I could use, looking around I see a girl running over to a person on the ground, " What is she doing" I said to my self. "Papa?" Kwan says in a heartbreaking tone kneeling down to General Ha who has sadly been killed by one of the Covenant warriors. She lays her head down on his chest and starts crying. I start tearing up watching her lay there on top of him. "She cant stay here" I said and starts jogging over to her, " Hey little girl?" I said in a calm and nurturing voice " You can't stay here, it's to dangerous." she looks up at me with tears running down her face, She then moves back scared, "What's wrong, I won't hurt you, I promise" I say to her. "but you can't stay here you have to go".   

Chief gets to Kai and starts to shoot at the Covenant warriors, but his ammo runs out and so is his force field covering his armor. Chief jumps down off the truck he was on and throws the gun off to the side, with in seconds his force field regenerates. He starts to look for another weapon as he makes contact with a machine gun, He gets up and walks over to it and picks it up. He comes out around the truck and begins to fire on the Covenant warriors once more. He kills every one of them, freeing Kai from behind the wall. "Link command, Silver Team." Chief says through his helmet. I hear this and nod at the little girl, I get up and run to the rest of the team. "Covenant forces on planet Madrigal neutralized." Chief said to command, " Twenty Elite warriors killed, 150 civilians, No survivors." Chief continues. "Wait!" Kwan yells, we all stop and turn around, to see Kwan standing there looking at us visibly crying. "Correction: one survivor, Female, Juvenile." Chief corrected him self. Chief, Kai, Riz and Vannak turn back around and continued to walk but I kept staring at the poor little girl who now has no one in her life. Master Chief stopped and turned around to see I was still standing there looking at her, "Y/N! Let's move out!" Chief yelled snapping me out of my thoughts. I snapped around looking at him "Yes Chief" 

I started to walk towards the rest of the team, "Silver Team commencing comprehensive search of the area for enemy landing site." Chief says to command. "Wait! Don't just leave!" Kwan yells but we all kept walking until she no longer sees us. Kwan walks back over to her father she kneels back down and lays there for a couple minutes but shortly after gets back up and runs out of the outpost. "Chief, Covenant Phantom." Vannak says "Vannak, Riz and Y/N, Clear that ship. "Kai, on me." Chief say while walking into the cave. "Master Chief, 117, reporting on the planet Madrigal." He says while walking. "We found the Covenant ship, local grid 12-tango-zone-echo. Now investigating the interior of a nearby cave." Master Chief reports. I follow Vannak and Riz to the top of the cave to check out the covenant ship. We walk in with our weapons ready but see no Covenant warriors there. "I guess we cleared them all." I say to Riz and Vannak who were just a few steps away from me. "Assessment report." Chief says to command to record what he is seeing. "Covenant excavation, Cave network does not appear to be a natural formation." Chief says " Observing debris consistent with plasma cutters. Covenant forces appear to be excavating for some kind of object, unclear as to its nature. Retrieving now." Chief continues "Don't go to far" Chief says as he walks up close to the unknow object, he touches the object and it starts to glow with a blue ring and blue symbols. 

Master Chief's mind fades into the object. Seeing images from the past. I was walking around the covenant ship, all of a sudden I black out and fall to the ground unable to respond. Riz and Vannak run straight over to me as I'm laying there. " Y/N!" Vannak yells, " What's going on with her." Riz asks "I don't know" Vannak says looking back up at Riz. " Chief!" Kai says pulling Master Chief off of the object. As soon as Master Chief was forced off the object by Kai, I regain consciousness, I wake up in a panic and shot up in a sitting position. "Woah, Be careful, don't sit up that fast, You were literally just unconscious." Riz says holding onto my back. I look at Riz and Vannak, " What just happened?" I ask "We don't know" Vannak said. I look around to see we are still in the Covenant ship that Chief told us to take a look at. I look back at Riz and Vannak, "We should go see if Chief and Kai are okay as well." I said in a little bit of a worried tone, They look at me and nodded. Master Chief felt confused and looked back on Kai "Chief, sitrip?" Kai says, all of a sudden an Covenant warrior ran out from behind a pillar caching Chief's and Kai's eyes, "Riz, Vannak, Y/N, one Elite approaching cave entrance." Chief yelled through the communication system. Both Me and Riz make eye contact, we both quickly got up and started running, Vannak close behind. We met up with Kai and Chief, "Chief, Something happened to Y/N when you guys were in that cave." Riz said as we slowed down to a stop in front of Chief and Kai. I looked up at Chief who was now looking dead at me, him staring straight at me made me feel a little warm in my cheeks, "What happened?" Kai says as she runs over to me. "I'm okay, one minute we were checking out the Covenant ship, next thing I know my vision was going black, then I woke up on the ground with Riz and Vannak over top of me seeing if I was okay." I explained to Master Chief and Kai who were now staring at me again.

Master Chief then looks away looking at the ground "Master Chief?" Kai says pulling Chief out of his thoughts "You three commandeer the other ship, take it back to Fleetcom for research and intel. I'll retrieve the object and follow in the Condor." Master Chief said still looking at the ground. I stood there in confusion "What about me? Sir" I asked Chief who didn't respond straight away. He looks at me "You will come with me, I have some questions for you." Chief said in a straight forward remark. I looked at him worried "Yes Sir." Riz, Vannak and Kai all look at us and nodded and started running towards the Covenant ship. I stayed with Master Chief as he looked down at the little girl we saw in the outpost. I looked at Master Chief in a confused manner, "What are we going to do with her Chief?" I said looking at the little girl who is clearly knock out cold. "We are taking her with us, grab her while I retrieve the object." Chief said while walking back into the cave with a box to grab the object with.  

(Thank you for reading. I'll be posting the next chapter later today (: I hope you have enjoyed the story so far (: Let me know in the comments how you are liking it so far, It would mean a lot to me (: Until next time (: )