Chapter 5: Finding out about the Keystone

Once we left Reach, we were in deep space. I walked over to the bench and sat down, trying to recover from the black out when Chief comes over to me and stands in front of me. I look up at him worried "Um Chief....Wait!! Who is driving the ship!?" I said worried "Calm down, the ship is in auto pilot." he said calmly, I sighed calmly "Okay....wait why are you here? Shouldn't you be looking after Kwan?" I said looking at him curiously "Kwan is fine, she is in the passenger seat. I wanted to come check on you to make sure you are okay." he said while sitting down next to me "Oh...okay....yeah I'm okay, shaken up but okay." I answered looking at him "You didn't hit you head, did you?" he asked in curiosity "I don't think so" I said putting my hand on my head "Good, you should lay down. It will be a couple hours before we get to where we need to be." he said putting his head on my head. I look at Master Chief, he just smiles at me calmly as I start to blush at the fact Chief is being extremely nice and caring towards me "Ah...Chief?" "Yes? Do you need something?" he asked, I shook my head in response "No....." I said looking into his eyes to see if maybe just maybe he felt the same way but I couldn't see anything. He was emotionless remembering that all the other Spartans have a emotion suppresser. I looked down sad realizing this, Chief stopped and looked at me "Y/n? You okay?" I looked up and nodded "Yes Chief, why wouldn't I be." I said with a fake smile, he looked at me with his eyebrows gathered in a curious way "Okay?" he said while turning around and walking back to the pilot seat. I sighed, getting up and walking into the passengers cabin 'wait why couldn't we put Kwan her' I thought but shook that thought out of my head as I walked over to the bed to sit down. I took all my armor off and laid down, shortly after falling asleep. 

     I shortly woke up to knocking, I got up rubbing my eyes I opened the door to see Master Chief standing there, with his helmet on and with the object in hand "We are here, get your armor on and let's go." Chief said, I nodded and got my armor and put it on while leaving the room grabbing my helmet. I walk out meeting up with Chief and Kwan, Kwan looked at me and I nodded "Let's go." I said while looking at Chief and Kwan. Master Chief, Kwan and I walk out of the ship bay and walk on planet Rubble. Chief starts walking forward as everyone stares at us especially Master Chief and I, we walk up on people who are working and seem not to like Spartans either. As we walked, there was a forklift picking up pallets that moved in front of us blocking our way. Master Chief looked at me and handed me the object, taking the case, Chief pushed the lift out of our way. I smile as Chief walks back over to me, grabbing the object. Master Chief and I walk beside each other as Kwan walks next to me, we walk a few steps when the people who were doing like warehouse work stopped working. Master Chief and I stop and look around "Keep your eyes open, Y/n, keep Kwan safe." Chief says looking around at the people on the scaffolding, the people start to get closer. I grip the object tighter and look over at Kwan making sure she is unharmed, before I looked back, Chiefs arm flies up protecting me and the object. A guy comes around the corner "Everyone step away, everything is fine. If John here wanted you dead, you would be dead." A tall bald man says smiling at Chief. I smile seeing the man, Master Chief takes his helmet off as so do I "Hello, Soren." Chief says slightly smiling. 

     Soren smiles and chuckles "Hello John, I see you haven't changed." Soren says, Soren looks over at me "Ah, Y/n....I see John here dragged you along for his ride." Soren asks looking over at Chief. I smile looking at Soren "well kind of but it's okay, I don't mind. He is Chief." I said. Soren nods "Yes he is." he says and turns around "Soren, we need your help." Chief says, Soren stops, looks at the object in my hand and then back up at Chief "Alright. Follow me." Soren says.  Master Chief, Kwan and I walk with Soren through Rubble, we end up going to a car looking cart that was kind of old and made noises, I stop as everyone else gets in "Get in Y/n...unless you want to stay here....with them." Soren says pointing at the guys walking by. I look over at them and then back down at the ground "Soren.....hold on...." Chief says as he gives the object to Kwan and walks out of the cart, walks up to me and puts his hand on my shoulder "Hey Y/n? I know you don't like cars. It's okay, just hold onto me, Okay?" Chief says looking down at me. I look up at Chief, I nod, Chief held out his arm for me to grab so I grabbed his arm and I start to blush as we walked onto the cart. I start to shake uncontrollably, Chief reached up and put his hand on mine as we set off to Soren's house. The cart takes off as Chief and Kwan brace onto the sides of the cart, I grab tighter around Chief's arm and closed my eyes. The cart takes off, off the rails and drops onto metal wires, I buckle from the drop but Chief grabbed me before I fell completely.  

    I look up at Chief, I nod in thanks, Chief nods back. We get to Soren's house as the cart comes to a complete stop, Soren walks out "Dad!!" A little boy says as he runs towards Soren. Soren bends down and laughs "This here is Kessler." Soren says to us "You have a kid." Chief says looking at Soren and then to me. I look up at Chief "You okay, Chief?" I ask him "Yes, I'm fine." Chief says as he walks but Soren stops him "Your armor stays here." he says and points at the ground, Chief just looks at him "Okay Soren..." I say as I take my armor off. Chief looks at me, I look up to see Chief "Chief?" I say, Chief looks away "I'm fine." he says as he takes of his armor and walks into the house with Kwan. I look towards the way Chief went 'what is going on with Chief?' I think to my self as I walk into the house. Soren and Master Chief were talking as I ran into Soren's wife, Laera "Oh, I'm sorry." I say as I back up "No, It's fine. I'm getting ready to make food. Please excuse me." Laera says and walks away, I nod and walk out to where Master Chief and Soren. Soren was talking about the food and the emotion suppresser that is in his back, I look over at Chief who was staring off thinking. I look over at Kwan who was talking to Kessler, I smile "I need your help Soren...." Chief said looking at him "Yeah with at object right." Soren says, Chief nods "Alright, I know someone who can help." Soren says. 

    Soren, Chief, Kwan and I went to cells with people who went crazy. We walk up to a cell "Reth, It's Soren, I brought some friends. We are coming in." Soren says as he walks in, Master Chief, Kwan and I follow in behind. I stand next to Chief "Who are these people..." Reth says unstable "We are the ones that need to know something about the Covendent." Chief says standing forward and placing the object in front of Reth, Reth looks at the container. Chief opens the case "Oh my....I've seen this.....they call it a Keystone." Reth says looking up at Chief.

     Thank you for reading, I'm sorry it took me a little longer to update this story. I have been making other stories as well, I love making stories and I'm loving that people are reading them, liking them and commenting on them. Thank you, please like, comment and star. It would help me at lot, let's me know which stories I should continue. Until next time, BYE BYE!! (: