10. Nightmares

A.N.~ Thanks for reading! I hope all of you are happy that Draco and Hermione are finally together! Sorry I haven’t uploaded in forever but I have been really busy lately, sorry! J Please comment and vote!

_______________________________________

Draco’s P.O.V.

I woke up early so that I could go down to be there when she wakes up. Because I wasent allowed to stay! After Hermione had fallen asleep in my arms after we kissed. Finally. I took her and brought her to the hospital wing. And Madam Pomfrey wouldn’t let me stay!

I hurriedly got dressed and ran out of my dorm while everyone else was still asleep in my dorm.

When I walked into the hospital I saw Hermione sitting up in bed. I would of thought she was sleeping, why is she up?

Her face was red and her eyes where blood shot and glassy like she had been crying. She was pale and looked extremely tired.

Madam Pomfrey was on the other side of the room looking for a potion.

I rushed to Hermione’s side and she didn’t even notice I was there until I crouched down and grabbed her hand.

“Hermione what’s wrong?” I asked wordily. She took her sleeve and wiped her eyes before she answered “I kept having nightmares” she said quietly not looking at me.

I sighed before I leaned over and gave her a hug. She was still pretty warm, I didn’t know if it was from the spell Grant used on her or if it was because she was worked up.

“Its ok. I’m sorry, I would have been here last night but I wasent allowed” I said while stroking her hair. I felt her relax a little under my touch before I saw Madam Pomfrey come back with potions in her hands.

I pulled away from Hermione when Madam Pomfrey came and set down like five different potions on Hermione’s bed side table.

“These three will help with the dizziness, heat and sweating” Madam Pomfrey said while handing them to Hermione who downed them quickly.

“This will help with the nightmares” she said while handing Hermione a gross, yellow looking potion.

And then she handed Hermione a blue liquid one that was supposed to help you sleep.

The second Hermione laid down and closed her eyes she was asleep. I started at her for a while just watching her breath before I looked up at Madam Pomfrey, who was watching Hermione too.

Madam Pomfrey looked at me and waved her hand signally me to follow her. I got up and followed her a couple of beds away before she started to talk.

“She already woke up three times last night screaming and having horrible nightmares” Madam Pomfrey said nervously.

“I thought you gave her some potions that help with nightmares?” I asked her clearly confused.

“Yes I did but when I gave them to her last night they only seemed to work for a few hours” She said while sighing.

I nodded and looked over at Hermione who seemed to be sleeping peacefully.

“Will she have to stay another night?” I asked her. She looked over at Hermione before saying sadly “Yes. Maybe even a couple more nights”.

I nodded and then asked “Could I stay here tonight with her, please?”. Madam Pomfrey sighed before saying “Yes. You can stay with her”.

I smiled at her before I walked back over to Hermione and sat down in the chair next to her bed and grabbed her hand and crested her hand with my thumb.

I sat there for like two hours before the doors opened up and Potter and Weasley came in.

“Hey how is she?” Potter asked as his and Weasley sat down across from me.

“She’s ok. When I came in earlier she was up and crying and Madam Pomfrey told me that she woke up three times last night because she was having nightmares” I answered.

They nodded and I noticed Weasley watching my hand which was still holding Hermione’s. I looked up and he raised an eyebrow at me and I looked away.

“So how long did you guys stay last night?” I asked them. “About two hours” Potter answered.

“I am going to go talk to Madam Pomfrey” Potter said before heading to her office.

I nodded and then room was filled with awkward silence of just me looking at the wall and Weasley looking at our attached hands.

“Well I’m going to get something to eat” I said before getting up and kissed Hermione on the forehead and turned and walked out so I didn’t have time to meet Weasley’s gaze.

I went into the great hall where they were still having breakfast and sat down next Blaise.

“How’s Hermione?” he asked is mouth filled with eggs. I shrugged and then said “She kept having bad nightmares last night”.

Blaise nodded and looked down to Slytherin table. I followed his gaze and my eyes met my enemy.

Once my eyes met with Grant he smirked at me before going back to eating.

I fought back the erg to Hex him and turned back to Blaise. “Do you think he would try to do something when she’s in the hospital?” Blaise asked quietly.

I shook my head and replied “I don’t know but I’m not going to leave her alone there. Potter and Weasley are with her now”.

Blaise nodded his head and I remember last night when I came into the common room and told him, Theodore and Daphne what had happened. Blaise looked like he wanted to get up and curse Grant until he was dead. Daphne looked like she wanted to strangle him with her bare hands and Theodore just looked extremely angry.

Blaise and I just mostly ate in silence until I thought I should go back to the hospital and see if Hermione was alright.

When I got to the hospital Potter and Weasley were just about to leave and that was good because I didn’t want Weasley to b giving me looks.

I sat down in the chair next to Hermione’s bed and held her hand for about and hour until she started to move in her sleep.

She started to turn and toss and then mumble until she started to sweat and become pale.

I watched as her mumbling started to get louder until she was almost screaming.

I tried to wake her up by saying her name and shaking her but she wouldn’t stop.

“Hermione please, wake up” I said while gripping her shoulders.

She gave a blood curdling scream before she finally woke up with sweat I on her face and tears in her eyes.

“Draco” she whimpered. I sat down on the side of the bed and held her close to my body as she cried into my chest.

When she finally calmed down she didn’t move and I didn’t move either I just sat there stroking her hair while she gripped my shirt.

“Are you ok?” I asked her quietly.

She didn’t answer she just nodded her head.

“If you want to tell me what happened I’ll be happy to listen” I said while prying away from her so I could see her face. She looked tired and her eyes were red from crying.

“I saw things that are going to happened in the war” Hermione said.

___________________________________________________________

A.N.~ I know it was kinda a cliffhanger, sry about that! I will make my next chapter longer! Thanks for reading!