Let's Dance (fluff)

It was raining, had been all day. Pelting heavily against the windows of yours and Taylor's shared house, startling the poor cats, causing them to run off and hide in one of the upstairs bedrooms. You however were not concerned in the slightest, but had decided to stay home in the dry and warm instead of going out for your regular morning run. Thanks to your job as a writer, you didn't have a strictly set work schedule, and also didn't have to go into work every single day, in the end, you decided to just spend the day lounging around the house, relaxing to the sound of the rain hammering into the windows. Your girlfriend Taylor however hadn't been so lucky as to have the day off, and had left for the studio earlier that morning, leaving you with a kiss on your forehead and a promise that she would be back before dinner. 

It was around 2 pm now, and you found yourself getting quite bored. Sighing, you hauled yourself up from your position on the couch, and found yourself walking up the stair to check on the cats for the fifth time that day. Just as you suspected, they were all cuddled up on yours and Taylor's bed, Meredith near the foot of the bed and Benji on Taylor's pillow, Olivia in the center of the queen sized bed pulling a very un-cat-like position. She was sitting/laying on her side with one of her back legs held high over her head. "What the fuck are you doing Dibbles?" you giggled, reaching into the pocket of your pyjama bottoms  for your phone, and snapping a photo of the silly cat and sending it to Taylor. After gently scratching behind each of the cat's ears, you decided to make your way back downstairs.

Wandering through the living room, you find yourself in front of your shared vinyl collection. After thumbing through multiple shelves of albums, you finally settle on one of your all time favourites: 'Let's Dance' by David Bowie. Carefully setting it onto your record player, you felt joy wash over you as the first notes of 'Modern Love' began to fill the air. As the song progressed, you found yourself absentmindedly dancing and singing along, throwing your limbs around rather ungracefully and singing at the top of your lungs.

The music was so loud, it covered the sound of the front door opening and closing as Taylor returned home from the studio. After calling your name and not getting a response, she registered there was music playing, and followed the sound into the living room, where she found you dancing around, seemingly in a world of your own. She stayed quiet, leaning against the wooden door frame with her arms crossed and a smirk playing at her red lips. She watched you, taking note in her head of how adorable you looked, dancing around your living room, barefoot, wearing one of her old rep tour hoodies and a pair of cat printed pyjama bottoms. As the final notes of the song faded out, and you still had yet to notice her, she cleared her throat, startling you as you turned to face her, cheeks blushing a violent shade of maroon.

"H-how long have you been standing there?" you queried, embarrassed at the thought of the flawless singer seeing you dancing around like some type of five year old.

She stared at you adoringly. "Long enough" she responded, causing you to blush ten shades deeper than you already were. Sensing your embarrassment, she walked over to you in a few long strides and took you in her arms. "You shouldn't be embarrassed angel, I thought you looked really cute dancing around" she cooed into your ear, pressing a soft kiss to your cheek in reassurance. Gently. she swayed the two of you from side to side as Bowie's voice continued to flow loudly through the air. 

"Dance with me?" she whispered into your ear, grinning widely. Matching her grin with one of your own, you nodded, taking her smooth hand in yours, the both of you dancing around the living room together as if neither of you had a care in the world.

A few songs later, you both grew tired of dancing, and collapsed on the couch, Taylor's legs thrown over your lap as your hands glided over her shins soothingly. The rain had finally slowed down some by now, and the cats sauntered down the stairs, making their way over to you and Taylor in search of some attention as the two of you relaxed on the couch, catching your breath after energetically dancing around. Taylor moved her feet off your lap after a while, and tugged you by your arm to lay down on her chest. "I love you Tay" you whispered sleepily into her chest.

"Love you too Y/n" she whispered back as the two of you dozed of in each other's arms, cats purring contentedly, and the music still playing in the record player.