19.

Chapter Nineteen:

"Ava."

Ava groaned and rolled over, hoping to get away from the annoying person who was trying to wake her up. "Go away, I'm sleeping."

Just because the sun was up, didn't mean she had to be.

"Rise and shine, Munchkin."

The nine year old cracked an eye open.

Why were they waking her up so early?

"Get up, lazy bones." The person pulled the covers off of her body, giving her a cold shock. "We're spending the day together, remember?"

That got the little girl to sit up and rub the sleep out of her eyes.

She was in her room. Everything was exactly the way it was supposed to be. All her clothes were in her closet, her toy chest was at the foot of her bed, and Lady was sitting on her desk next to her CD player.

To left of the CD player, were all of her CDs, which were mostly Britney Spears with the couple that Chris Keller had given her.

Her bedsheets were the same......Strawberry Shortcake with a matching quilt.

And Keith was the one who had been sent to get her out of bed.

Nothing was out of place and nothing was missing.

But something wasn't right.

She couldn't put her finger on it, but there was something off.

"We're spending the day together?" She questioned, setting Tramp down on the bed.

"Yeah." He laughed. "What, did you forget? It's all you've been talking about for the past day or so. You don't have school, so I figured we'd catch up a little."

"Uncle Keith? What day is today?" Ava asked, trying to figure out exactly what was wrong.

"March 1st, honey."

There was something special on that date......Ava was sure of it!

But why couldn't she remember?

"Are you coming or what? Unless you'd rather spend the day with Haley at the tutor center? Or your mom at the cafe?"

"No!" Ava didn't know why her response had been so desperate and quick. "I wanna go with you!"

"Then get dressed. I'll be waiting out in the car."

Ava watched the man leave her room before furrowing her eyebrows. Maybe if she couldn't remember whatever was bothering her, it wasn't all that important.

She should just let it go.

She was going to spend the whole day with her uncle. Nothing was going to bring her down today.

So, she got up with a bright smile on her face, and got dressed in something warm, just incase there was a cold chill in the air and rushed out to the car, hopping in the front seat.

"It's about time, I was about to drive off without you."

"No, you weren't." Ava laughed as he pulled away from the curb. "What're we doing today?"

"Whatever you want to do." Keith grinned. "It's your day."

"Sweet! Can we go for a drive?"

"To where?"

"Anywhere."

Keith nodded and continued driving.

After about an hour and a half of driving on an empty road, he pulled over gave Ava a playful look.