Voices

It had been a year. An entire year since Y/n's world had been turned upside down. Since the tragic loss of her Father and Uncle... since she found the love of her life.

The Resistance had been thriving on the jungle moon of Ajan Kloss, and had settled firmly there. More and more members joined every month, an they were only getting stronger. But the First Order had been oddly quiet in this time...

It was like they were planning something, waiting it out for the right time.

And in this time, Y/n was unsettled...

She was starting to have the same reoccurring nightmare every night...

It was just a lot of lights and blurry images... but the emotions in the dream was the thing that woke her every night.

Fear, anger, violence, grief, confusion. It was like she was in someone else's mind.

The voice's she heard were so familiar, she would kick herself every time she'd wake up. Some she knew she had heard before... but some words, she also knew, hadn't been said yet...

"BEN!"

"Kid..."

"She's gone... she's gone..."

"Join me, child..."

"Y/N!"

"Oh please no... no, no, no..."

It always ended with a scream...

Tonight was another one of those nights...

Poe would hear her talking and crying in her sleep at night, and he would try and wake her up, but he would fail. It was like she was in a trance, or under a spell. So, he'd hold her until she woke up, yelling with fright.

Then she'd sit there, driving herself crazy thinking about what the dream meant, analysing every image, colour, sound and voice she heard.

It was the same routine, and he hated it deeply.

So there they were.

In their room on the base, in bed together. They were both half asleep, but Y/n refused to give in to the tiredness. It was four in the morning.

"Red... blue... red... green... red again." She whispered to herself with her eyes closed "I keep seeing red... why red?"

"Come on, Y/n. Please just try and sleep." He practically begged her.

"I'll just wake up again, there's no point."

"You haven't had a full nights sleep in months! Of course there's a point!"

"Just... ten more minutes."

"Five."

"Eight."

"Six."

"Seven."

"...Fine." Poe gave in "Just please... for my sake, get some sleep."

Y/n nodded, kissing him. He rolled over and she sat against the headboard thinking.

There was only one thing she could decipher from these dreams...

And that was it was a warning.

************
The next morning, Y/n, Finn, Poe and Chewie, along with R2-D2, were sent on a mission to retrieve an important message found by the First Order.