Chapter 8 4 years later

Four years have passed since the attack on the school, and since then, a lot of things have changed.

Jaxon, having explored all the school's computer system, gained substantial control over his powers, honing them to nearly limitless potential. Devoting an hour each day to meditation by the lake, he connected with the surrounding energies, achieving a profound connection with his environment. This allowed him to communicate effortlessly with animals through thought.

Meanwhile, Alice, with her power of super speed, had mastered the ability to jump a few minutes into the future and return. This skill added an intriguing layer to her already impressive repertoire. Jaxon and Alice had evolved into the school's cherished couple, their growth and understanding resonating not only with each other but also with the school community.

 Jaxon and Alice had evolved into the school's cherished couple, their growth and understanding resonating not only with each other but also with the school community

Eve and Patrick, having established a life together, were preparing for their upcoming wedding. Excitement filled the air as they anticipated the arrival of a new addition to their family - Eve was expecting. Jaxon was overjoyed at the thought of becoming a big brother. In the midst of these changes, Patrick decided to pass on his house to a new family with a girl of the same age as Jaxon and Alice entered their lives, quickly becoming a close friend.

Marcus, frozen in the darkness of the cell, harbored his resentment towards the school. Deprived of his powers since Jaxon struck him with his energy, it fueled his hatred for Jaxon and the school that had cast him out. The darkness in his cell seemed to mirror his troubled state of mind, every shadow a reminder of the lost moments of his power.

Marc, sitting in his office, received a call that brought concern to his face. After hanging up, he sank into his chair desperately. He decided to summon Patrick to his office, and a few minutes later, Patrick entered, confronted by Marc's troubled expression. "What's going on, Marc?" Patrick asked, sensing the tense atmosphere.

Patrick's expression turned grave as Marc shared the news. "I just received a call from one of our schools in Europe. Three schools have been attacked, and eight children have been abducted," Marc explained.

Patrick's face contorted with frustration. "Dramarcus, I presume."

"We don't know yet. They haven't seen anyone, only shadows that vanish as soon as they're spotted. Shortly after, the children were gone. We need to stay vigilant."

"Regarding the training of the children to become protectors, how is it progressing?" asked Marc, seeking a glimmer of optimism.

Finding a slight smile, Patrick responded, "I can say that Jaxon, Alice, and Alex are almost ready. Ghost and Sam are making good progress too."

A faint smile appeared on Marc's face. "That's good. Let's hope we won't need their services too soon."

Agreeing, Patrick stated, "I'll inform Thora and Bjorn. For now, let's keep this among ourselves."