Chapter 7 the first attack

Jaxon, his backpack casually slung over his shoulder, prepared to leave the house. They had successfully persuaded the adults, with the condition that Thora and Bjorn would keep a protective eye on the children as they do their round at the lake. Facing the door, Patrick and Eve have serious expressions. In a light-hearted manner, Jaxon smiled at them. "Yes, Mom, I've got the rules down-no exploring off the path, and if anything goes wrong, we'll call for Thora and Bjorn."

Patrick said protectively, "I'll likely come check on you later in the evening, just to make sure everything is okay." Jaxon couldn't contain his excitement any longer; he was thrilled about the upcoming night. "Alright, I'm heading out. They're waiting for me outside," he exclaimed. Eve gave Jaxon a tender kiss on the forehead before he darted out, leaving a tangible air of anticipation behind.

Eve turned to Patrick with a mischievous smile, "And what do we do tonight?" Patrick seemed to ponder. "How about a good movie, curled up with a nice little fire? We're allowed to relax, too." Eve enthusiastically agreed, looking forward to some quality time alone with Patrick.

Outside, Alice, Alex, Ghost, and Sam stood eagerly, backpacks on their shoulders, ready for the adventure. The four friends set out on the trail leading to the lake.

The birds melodiously sang, harmonizing with the gentle rustling of leaves in the wind. The trail, bathed in the golden light of the setting sun, painted a picturesque backdrop for their excursion. In this moment, Alice took Jaxon's hand in hers, and the two exchanged smiles of appreciation; the energy between them was palpable. Sam, Alex, and Ghost joined in the cheerful atmosphere, teasing and laughing together.

Sam, Alex, and Ghost exclaimed with laughter, "Oooooh! Alice likes Jaxon!" Jaxon blushed, and Alice shot them a playful glance as their friends ran away, laughing. Alice turned to Jaxon, saying, "Let them be, those little clowns." Jaxon smiled in agreement, and they joined the others in a playful run, the excitement of the evening ahead filling the air.

Upon reaching the lake, a delightful surprise awaited them. Thora and Bjorn, imposing yet warm, welcomed them with open arms. Bjorn, in a calm voice, declared, "Good evening, little ones. Welcome to your little corner of happiness." A large tent was already set up, providing a perfect view of the beauty of the lake and its surroundings.

Next to it, five chairs surrounded a small outdoor fire pit, solar-powered lanterns casting an enchanting glow. The awestruck children expressed their gratitude, "Bjorn and Thora, this is beautiful." A subtle smile illuminated the faces of the two guardians. "We'll leave you, but rest assured, we'll be around the lake. A simple call, and we'll be there in a leap!" The group nodded, and with a leap, the guardians vanished to the other side of the lake. Leaving the kids to their anchating camp.

The children settled in a circle around the already-lit fire, the crackling of flames blending with laughter and lively discussions. They shared moments of camaraderie, creating lasting memories in the warm glow of the fire.

Finally, Alex suggested starting a spooky story. Everyone went silent as they listened intently to the gripping tale. At the climax, Alex used his gravity control power to make a large rock jump into the water. The four friends jumped in fright, but a burst of laughter followed, realizing it was Alex who orchestrated the playful scare.

The stories unfolded one after another, each taking their turn to tell their scary stories or share anecdotes, all the while enjoying marshmallows around the fire. Jokes was told between stories, creating a memorable experience for the children, leaving incredible memories by the lake in their hearts.

Jaxon had a idea trying to learn is friends powers using his energy. "If you succeed, Jax, it would be extraordinary," they exclaimed in anticipation.

Jaxon closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and the energies began to intertwine. Wrapped in the energies, Jaxon felt the power of his friends merging with his own. A brilliant light surrounded him, evoking shivers of excitement. With each energetic pulse, floating a few feet above the ground, he became a symphony of changing colors, absorbing his friends' powers with an enchanting harmony.